Full Time Temporary
Monday to Friday Days
$35.897 $45.037 per hour
Full Time Temporary until March 30, 2019
Shifts: Primarily Monday to Friday Days with some flexibility as required.
The Department of Laboratory Medicine is seeking an experienced candidate to join its leadership team in the Pathology Laboratory. The ideal candidate should have a very strong background in a Pathology laboratory.
1. CMLTO Registration required.
2. Minimum of 7 years recent experience within a Pathology Laboratory required.
3. ART certification with CSMLS Registration or equivalent is a definite asset.
4. Excellent communication and inter-personal skills coupled with the ability to teach and motivate rotating technologists and students.
5. Experienced in all aspects of Pathology including grossing, tissue processing, embedding, frozen sections, microtomy and special stains.
6. Proven ability to introduce, develop, validate and implement new methodologies and equipment.
7. Troubleshoots equipment and responds to equipment related technical issues.
8. Excellent recent, applied implementation, validation QA/QC and troubleshooting skills regarding immunohistochemistry an asset
9. Establishes, monitors and audits QC and quality indicators.
10. Monitors daily workflow within the Pathology Laboratory
11. Maintains and revises, as necessary, the preventive maintenance programs.
12. Familiarity with computer databases and laboratory information systems.
13. Experience with order inventory and maintaining laboratory supplies.
14. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.