Lab - Chemistry Point Of Care
Full Time Temporary
Monday to Friday Days with some flexibility as required
$35.897 $45.037 per hour
Full Time Temporary until November 7, 2019
Shifts: Primarily Monday to Friday Days with some flexibility as required.
The Department of Laboratory Medicine is seeking an experienced candidate to join its leadership team in the Core Laboratory. The ideal candidate should have a very strong background in Point of Care Testing, experience in the Core Lab comprising the divisions of Chemistry & Haematology.
• Participates in the selection, validation and implementation of new POCT equipment, including training operators and writing procedure manuals.
• Responsible for the POCT program and continuously monitoring, reviewing and auditing (POCT) activities to meet Ontario Laboratory Accreditation standards.
• Communicates POCT activities, challenges and areas for improvement to the Laboratory Management Committee.
• Leads the inter-professional POCT Advisory Management Group team
• Acts as a liaison with external parties such as the Ontario POCT. Network on current trends relating to POCT and Quality Management.
1. CMLTO Registration required
2. ART certification with CSMLS Registration and/or a Bachelor Degree in Science
3. Minimum of 5 years experience required with at least 2 years in a supervisory position preferred.
4. Strong knowledge of a Point of Care Testing (POCT) program including related equipment, training, quality control and documentation.
5. Excellent understanding of the Ontario Laboratory Accreditation processes, requirements and assessments.
6. Strong Microsoft Office knowledge and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
7. Excellent communication and inter-personal skills both within the laboratory and at an inter-professional level (e.g. Nursing, Respiratory Therapy)
8. Proven ability to teach and motivate
9. Excellent decision making, organizational and leadership skills
10. Experienced in method/reagent evaluation and instrument selection and the ability to introduce new methodologies
11. Satisfactory attendance record
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.