The Planned Giving Officer will report to the VP, Development and will be responsible for driving one of the Foundation's growing fundraising priorities. The Planned Giving Officer is a strategic thinker and established fundraiser who likes a challenge and looks for opportunities to work with others to achieve measureable results. They will be a committed and seasoned planned giving specialist with experience working with donors at all levels.
The successful candidate possesses a strong record of success over the last five-plus years and has knowledge of our west end community. S/he will enjoy dealing with people and will spend at least 50% of her or his time meeting with donors, potential donors and groups in the community.
S/he will increase the Planned Giving donor pool, qualifying donors, and extending our outreach in the professional advisor community. Responsible for project and process development, as well as direct donor work, the candidate displays compassion, mature judgment, superior diplomatic, and highly developed listening skills.
The candidate could be a planned giving professional or someone with a background in working with clients to meet their financial needs. Allied professional experience is welcome.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Ability to synthesize and summarize a lot of information, track and manage multiple deadlines, work independently and reliably and be productive and efficient
• Experience submitting necessary communications, recognition and stewardship policies, and developing marketing materials to effectively support the portfolio;
• Strong organizational skills and professional demeanour
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential and privileged information with discretion
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate the completion of a variety of gifts (bequests, life insurance, annuities, charitable remainder trusts, etc.)
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to move projects forward according to timeline
• Ability to work with groups/teams
• Self-starter with ability to work independently
• Excellent knowledge of all MS Office applications
• Relevant donor software/database experience (such as Raisers Edge)
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Strong team player with a good sense of humour and ability to have fun
• Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.