$39.587 to $49.652
As an integral member of the inter-professional team, the Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) acts as a clinical/communication leader within the Health Centre for the NICU and Paediatric Departments. The PCC has clinical and leadership expertise in Paediatric/NICU networking as well as providing operational and collaborative management of special projects, enhancing patient flow and the patient and family experience.
The principal responsibilities include playing a pivotal role in providing direction with the interdisciplinary NICU/Paediatric team across the Health Centre and in partnership with all external partners including other health care facilities to enhance networking and seamless transition and transfer of care. The PCC will perform organizational responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective unit operations; liaising with members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure high standards of quality and optimal management of patient care outcomes (including data collection/reporting) and ongoing continuous improvement practices to strengthen clinical processes. The PCC will be reporting to the Patient Care Managers of the NICU and Paediatric department.
Co-ordination and Management of Unit Patient Care
• Facilitating patient flow and bed management processes and daily bed management.
• Interacting with other Health Centre departments and units to co-ordinate patient care and flow.
• Build sustainable relationships centering on new initiatives involving the NICU, Paediatrics, and other hospital departments.
• Establishing relationships with external organizations to facilitate the development and sharing of knowledge, best practice and patient flow.
• Promoting continuous quality improvement to achieve established clinical benchmarks and outcomes
• Monitoring infection control practices in conjunction with IPAC and intervenes as appropriate.
• Assessing and managing clinical risk situations, escalating as appropriate.
• Providing support to the PCM in the area of budget/resource allocation.
Human Resource Management
• Interviewing and Selection for NICU and Paediatric Staff.
• Completing Staff Performance Appraisals.
• Administration of Attendance Management program.
• Providing performance feedback, coaching and mentoring of staff in a positive and supportive manner in collaboration with Patient Care Manager.
• Empowering staff by contributing to the identification of learning and development needs regarding outside partners and other Network NICU's and Paediatric areas.
• Collaborating with the APCE and Patient Care Manager to effectively support new hires.
• Collaboration with NICU and Paediatric Team Leader with unit staffing and patient assignments especially when outside transfers and repatriations are concerned.
• Supports the Patient Care Manager in the development of unit communication strategies.
• Facilitating change initiatives.
• Recognizing and rewarding excellent staff performance.
Co-ordination and Management of NICU and Paediatric Network relations
• Build and strengthen partnerships with all NICU and Paediatric partners throughout the GTA, especially the NICU and Paediatric outpatient's at St Mike's.
• Represent St Joe's within the GTA NICU and Paediatric network.
• Implements a seamless transition process/protocol for repatriation and transfer of all patients within the program. This process will be sustainable, outside of business hour.
• Oversee Criticall use and updates, with responsibility for training and quality management.
1. Regulated Health Professional with a BScN or Master's degree in nursing required.
2. Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing Certificate preferred.
3. Registration in good standing with CNO with membership to the RNAO required.
4. Supervisory/Management experience of 1 to 2 years in a healthcare environment required.
5. At least 4 years clinical experience nursing in a Paediatric or NICU environment required.
6. Knowledge of NICU/Paeds day to day operations.
7. Comfortable working with computers, especially Microsoft Office and Outlook applications.
8. Education of patients, family, referring facilities and other community providers regarding philosophy of rehabilitation care.
9. Participate and lead program and hospital-wide initiatives, including professional development of self, and staff.
10. Demonstrates understanding of, compliance with, and commitment to, patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for patients.
11. Knowledge of relevant legislations and guidelines regarding best practice.
12. Able to engage staff in continous clinical skill improvement.
13. Excellent decision making, critical thinking and problem solving.
14. Conflict resolution and effective communication and listening skills.
15. Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
16. Excellent Attendance Record
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.