Occupational Health & Safety Services
0700-1500, 0800-1600, 0900-1700
$32.660 to $45.940 per hour, 25 years of service: $ 46.760 per hour
1. Currently registered with the Ontario College of Nurses.
2. Current BLS certificate.
3. Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN) required. Will consider certification actively in progress with some courses completed if no other qualified candidates.
4. Completion of credentials in the field of Disability Management e.g. NIDMAR, OHA Disability Management Certificate required.
5. A thorough working knowledge of the principles of Disability Management required.
6. Minimum 2 years experience in WSIB Claims Management and Short Term Disability, Employment Insurance and Long Term Disability Case Management required.
7. Previous experience in Temporary and Permanent Accommodation process required.
8. Recent Occupational Health Nursing experience in a hospital environment preferred.
9. Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision required.
10. Demonstrated health assessment skills and knowledge of current relevant legislation (e.g. Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Ontario Human Rights Code) required.
11. Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain and provide training in Infection Disease Surveillance preferred.
12. Membership with Ontario Occupational Health Nurses Association (OOHNA) preferred.
13. Computer literacy required with emphasis on MS Office suite, Word, Excel, Parklane (OHS database) or similar system.
14. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently in a fast paced team environment.
15. Satisfactory attendance record as per the Health Centre's Attendance Management Program Policy SJ-08-01-08.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.