All days and shifts
$31.669 to 39.732 per hour
Reporting to the Manager of the Medical Diagnostic Services and working as a member of the Neurology Team, the registered EMG/EEG Technologist is responsible for the performance of EMG and EEG studies on referred patients and for functions associated with daily operations of the EMG/EEG lab such as supplies inventory control and ordering. The EMG/EEG Technologist will prepare patients for and conduct standard nerve conduction studies, collect information pertinent to interpretation of the test and assist in the maintenance of the equipment. The EMG/EEG Technologist will collaborate with EMG/EEG lab physicians in planning and conducting the tests.
1. Graduate of an accredited Electroneurodiagnostic Technology or Electromyography Technology program.
2. Registered or eligibility to register with Canadian Board of Registration of Electroneurophysiology Technologists (CBRET) or Board of Registered Electromyography Technologists of Canada (BRETC) within 6 months of hire.
3. Membership with Canadian Association of Electroneurophysiology Technologists (CAET) preferred.
4. Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support).
5. Minimum of 2 years' experience in performing both EEG and EMG tests with knowledge of current best practices.
6. Demonstrated understanding of neuromuscular anatomy and physiology, electrophysiological equipment and electronic principles.
7. Must possess strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills with a proven ability to interpret and evaluate clinical data and information.
8. Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and team building skills that facilitate positive interactions among all members of the health care team.
9. Demonstrated commitment to professional development and learning.
10. Effective communications using timely, appropriate written, verbal and non-verbal means.
11. Exceptional time management, and organizational skills, with an ability to work within a self-directed environment.
12. A commitment to providing exceptional patient and family centred care.
13. Ability to work in a computerized environment.
14. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.