ICU (Sponsored Critical Care Program)
$32.66 to $45.94 per hour 25 year rate: $46.76 per hour
HEALTH CENTRE SPONSORED TUITION AND PAID ATTENDANCE AT A 14 WEEK EXTERNAL CRITICAL CARE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
1. Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
2. Minimum 2 years recent Medical/Surgical Experience required. (Candidates with less than 2 years experience may be considered if there are no qualified internal or external applicants).
3. Physical Assessment, Coronary Care 1, Respiratory Care 1 and/or Nephrology 1 (minimum 1 course preferred).
4. Current BLS Certificate required.
5. ACLS issued by the Heart and Stroke Foundation or a program recognized by the Heart and Stroke Foundation, required within 6 months of hire.
6. Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
7. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate within an interprofessional team
8. Must be able to deal effectively with patients and family members in crisis situations
9. Demonstrated commitment to continuing education.
10. Ability to be well organized and flexible
11. Excellent computer skills
12. Satisfactory attendance record.
Selected applicants will be required to attend the full-time external Critical Care Certificate Program. Tuition and full salaries will be paid by St. Joseph's Health Centre for this 14 week program. All clinical components will be held at St. Joseph's Health Centre.
Candidates who successfully complete the Critical Care Certificate Program will then be transferred to the full-time, Registered Nurse position in the Intensive Care Unit. Successful candidates will be required to commit and remain in the full-time, Registered Nurse position in the Intensive Care unit for 24 months, following the effective date of placement.
PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME WITH YOUR TRANSFER REQUEST FORM.
**Please note that candidates who have recently participated in this program will not be eligible for transfer.**
CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO START THE CRITICAL CARE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN: January 2019.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.