Must be available for all shifts as required
$20.348 to $22.210 per hour
Must be available for all shifts as required (Days, Evenings, Nights)
Responsible for retrieval of patient charts from all areas of the Health Centre, returning charts from all areas of the Health Centre. Assembling and checking charts for completion. Pulling and filing charts. Sorting/filing of late/loose reports. This position is accountable to assess the health record for accuracy and completeness according to departmental policies and procedures.
1. Secondary School Diploma or equivalent required. Medical Terminology certification/course required.
2. Minimum 1 year recent clerical experience required.
3. Accurate keyboarding of 40 w.p.m. required.
4. Knowledge of Health Records filing system and procedures preferred.
5. Experience navigating software applications (screen access, information search and data
6. Experience with fax, photocopier, email, internet, MS Office required.
7. Experience with Meditech/Other Admission Discharge Transfer system experience preferred.
8. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and co-ordinate high volume work assignments in a timely manner.
9. Demonstrated competence with numerically based functions.
10. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
11. Excellent communication and literacy skills.
12. Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner.
13. Excellent analytical, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
14. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.