Monday to Friday Days, with some flexibility required
Reporting to the Manager, Redevelopment, the incumbent will manage all aspects of hospital projects, including Ministry of Health approval projects and internal hospital renovation projects. The incumbent must ensure that the project(s) abides by the directions outlined in Ontario Building and Fire Code, and relevant guidelines related to the specific area of redevelopment.
1. Acting as the Owner Representative and Project Manager/Construction Facilitator on a wide range of redevelopment projects with a focus on complex renovations.
2. Overseeing all contract administration processes and reporting as required to the Manager and Director of Planning & Redevelopment. .
3. Work within the set project budget and schedule to complete the project.
4. Oversee and organize the activities of all consultants to the projects, including developing project schedules and phasing plans in conjunction with consultants' input.
5. Review and monitor scheduling, cashflow and progress draws and make recommendations related to the issuance of Contemplated Change Notices (CCN's) and Change Orders for approval. Analyze and report monthly on the status of the CCN's and job site instructions, summarizing project costs and projections.
6. Liaising regularly with users to provide project status, manage expectations and concerns proactively.
7. Coordination of Hospital user groups and service departments (i.e. Engineering, Telecommunications, Information Technology, Environmental Services, Finance) via team/move meetings and/or regular project progress reports to ensure active input on project planning, scheduling and completion of associated assigned duties
8. Coordination of the commissioning of project including ensuring the provision of maintenance, operation and certification documents and post-occupancy evaluation with user groups and consultants as required.
9. Perform all projects with minimal disruption to the Hospital via hospital-wide communication when impacted and proactive execution of duties.
10. Manage the development of block schematics, sketch plans and working drawings in compliance with the Functional Program through the architect and with user group input.
11. Prepare capital budgets and capital forecast updates for the specific projects being worked on.
12. Review and comment on working drawings and specifications for completeness and accuracy.
13. Oversee coordination of all aspects of furniture and equipment planning, procurement and installation with respect to renovations and projects. Ensure the timely identification of furniture, fixtures, signage and equipment requirements, as well as the tender, delivery and installation process of the same.
14. Ensure the completion of project status reports and application processes, as required, to meet hospital planning committee needs, Ministry of Health and other Authorities Having Jurisdiction requirements.
15. Ensure that the hospital's Infection Prevention and Control policies and protocols related to construction are followed , in conjunction with internal Infection Control staff and Occupation Health & Safety. Ensure policies and protocols are understood and adhered to by contractors.
16. Liaise with hospital administrators, department heads and physicians and attempt to minimize disruption to the current operating facilities during construction.
17. Ensuring successful relocation of staff and equipment and the orientation of staff to new or renovated facilities as required (e.g. coordination with Information and Environmental Services).
18. Conduct deficiency review and follow-up.
19. Track all ongoing contract interpretation disputes for follow-up to assist the Manager and Director as required.
20. Regular attendance/review of active construction sites and supervision of contractors' after-hours work as required.
1. University Degree or College Diploma in Structural, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Architecture with a minimum of 7 – 10 years project management, renovation and construction in a health care environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
2. Demonstrated experience with facility and equipment commissioning and orientation.
3. Knowledge of capital budget, facility designs and construction delivery models, processes. Familiarity with health care delivery systems is considered an asset.
4. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Visio, Project), AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam Revu, Adobe Acrobat Professional.
6. Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills, supplemented by organization, planning and analytic skills.
7. Demonstrated skill with respect to project management, organization, implementation of detailed project specifications with multi-user groups and of major construction projects; Ability to negotiate effectively with stakeholders with demonstrated tactfulness and diplomacy.
This position is based at St. Joseph's Health Centre with the potential for Network-wide support at Providence Healthcare and St. Michael's Hospital.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.