Must be available for all shifts, days, evenings, nights and weekends
$26.947 - $28.431 per hour
1. Secondary School diploma or educational equivalent required.
2. Provincial Certificate of Qualification or Certificate of Apprenticeship in Painting and/or Drywall & Finishing is required.
3. Demonstrated ability and knowledge of methods and materials used in this role including; repairing and patching ceramic tiles; tape and plastering and restoring plaster surfaces; repairs to brick and block surfaces; framing and drywall installations; removal and installation of fixtures, pictures; vinyl baseboards, acrovyn; and PVC installation.
4. Must have the equivalent of 5 years recent experience of painting/dry walling procedures and equipment within an Institutional/Commercial setting.
5. Good English communication skills, both written and verbal.
6. Able to perform full range of duties as required in this position.
7. Able to work independently and safely in an Institutional/Commercial setting.
8. Knowledge of safety date related to paint products.
9. Must be able to function while working at heights (i.e. ladders, roof level, walls)
10. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.