Days; Monday to Friday (some flexibility required)
$37.173 - $47.091 per hour
2 Full Time Positions
The Finance Business Partner is a self-starter who seeks to understand all aspects of the current Hospital financial and statistical reporting. The Finance Business Partner will act as an ambassador for the mission, vision, values and goals for the Hospital and Financial Services department, co-ordinate with internal and external stakeholders and report on key departmental projects and corporate initiatives as required.
The Finance Business Partner will be responsible for supporting select Health Centre program areas on all their financial management responsibilities. This includes leading:
• The preparation of operating budgets;
• Periodic (Monthly, Quarterly and Annual) performance analysis. The performance analysis includes:
o Detailed analysis of revenues by funding type and performance against targets
o Expenditures analysis identifying causes for variation from expected run rate
o Labour cost analysis to budget and funding rates.
o Capital expenditures (if appropriate).
• Identification of opportunities to improve revenue performance.
• Identification of performance issues, undertaking a root-cause analysis and agreeing remedial actions with target dates.
As a member of the finance team, the Finance Business Partner is also be responsible for quality control of the General Ledger and financial reporting, including assistance with the preparation of annual financial statements and external program reporting.
· Lead the coordination of the monthly, quarterly and year end reporting and analysis for assigned program areas, ensuring completeness, data integrity and accuracy;
· Lead program operations analysis, including HBAM and QBP for clinical areas, to identify areas to align costs with funding.
· Utilize case-costing information to inform decisions.
· Assist in the preparation of reconciliations to ensure quality control and accuracy of accounting/reporting records;
· Ensuring accounting within programs are in line with OHRS/MIS guidelines
· Lead the coordination and preparation of Hospital program annual budgets for assigned program areas;
· Prepare and submit reports to Local Integration Health Network (LHIN) and Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC) and other external agencies in accordance with established guidelines;
· Assist with the preparation of the external audit of Hospital accounting systems and records, including preparation of working papers required by external auditor review;
· Assistance in the co-ordination of projects involving the Hospital and external stakeholders including but not limited to the following: assistance with analysis of various requests for proposal, costing for specific initiatives, business cases, etc.;
· Ensure accounting policies used are in compliance with internal policies, MIS Guidelines and International Financial Reporting Standards;
· Ad hoc assignments as required.
1. Undergraduate degree in Finance or related field required.
2. Master's of Business Administration Degree an asset
3. Professional accounting designation required.
4. A minimum of three (3) years of financial analysis experience, or comparable experience, required. Experience with using costing systems, preferably in a hospital or service industry would be an asset.
5. Health System Funding Reform (HBAM/QBP) knowledge would be an asset.
6. Proven ability to manage multiple and competing projects effectively.
7. Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and MS Access skills required.
8. Experience with SAP and Meditech would be an asset.
9. Knowledge of Ontario Health Reporting Standards; MIS guidelines certificate preferred.
10. Excellent oral, interpersonal and written skills.
11. Self starter with the ability to work independently.
12. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.