Full Time Temporary
Full Time Temporary- approximately 1 year contract
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Student Education Coordination (40-50% of role):
1. Coordinate pharmacy student related rotations (EPE, APPE, PharmD for Pharmacists , Waterloo Co-op Students, International students, Interns (where needed), Volunteer students (for clinical or research))
2. Complete student rotation submissions that involves:
– Organization of student rotation requests amongst pharmacists
– Submission of rotation requests to faculty
– Review and QI of rotation submissions for errors and accuracy
– Coordinate changes and updates to student rotations (between OEE, preceptors and students)
3. Facilitate and moderate issues between students/preceptors where appropriate, and bridge communication between preceptors and faculty for issues with students where necessary to escalate
4. Attend related committee meetings including TAHSN Education Coordinator Meetings
5. Coordinate all student related orientation including:
– Create orientation materials and conduct orientation or delegate where appropriate
– Update materials through periodic quality assurance process
– Help students manage orientation related activities on ongoing basis
6. Conduct student BPMH Certification as part of student rotation process and quality improvement plans at the corporate level
7. Review, coordinate and manage preceptor and site feedback from student groups
8. Coordinate preceptor development through facilitated sessions at the faculty, individual one to one consultation and mentorship, internal workshops/development and external presentations/workshops where applicable
Clinical Trials Coordination (10-20% of role):
1. Coordinate relevant clinical trial activities related to pharmacy including but not limited to patient randomization, dispensing of study drug/placebo, completion of required documentation and record keeping, coordination of pharmacy manufacturing workflow with lead technician for any required drug preparation,
2. Document research related parameters including temperature logs, and other quality improvement related activities related to research.
3. Maintain ongoing communication with research coordinators where needed including that pertaining to any protocol deviations/violations.
4. Recruit new clinical research opportunities related to pharmacy and pharmacy related research.
5. Participate on the research ethics board as an active member.
Clinical and Distribution related Practice (40% of role):
In addition to the above required activities for student education and clinical trials coordination as outlined above, the candidate will also be expected to participate in clinical and distribution activities related to but not limited to:
- Clinical pharmacist float for medicine or surgical units (as per experience and clinical assignment).
- Desk pharmacist for central distribution activities.
Special Projects (10% of role)
- Corporate and departmental quality improvement initiatives/projects
1. Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from recognized pharmacy program required.
2. Advanced Degree in Clinical Pharmacy (Pharm D, Clinical Masters), board certification and/or residency in a hospital pharmacy preferred.
3. Licensure (Part A) with the Ontario College of Pharmacists in good standing required.
4. Minimum 2 years of previous hospital/clinical practice experience involving the provision of direct patient care role required.
5. Minimum 2 years practical experience in the provision of Pharmaceutical Care and in precepting/teaching students the concepts of Pharmaceutical Care in direct patient care rotations.
6. Experience with computer systems (preferably Centricity and Sunrise Clinical Manager) required.
7. Comprehensive understanding of discipline-related issues, including medical directives, policy, standards of practice and applicable legislation.
8. Demonstrated professional leadership skills and abilities.
9. Active member of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, Canadian College of Clinical Pharmacy, Ontario Pharmacist Association and/or Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists an asset.
10. Self-motivated team player, reliable, cooperative, takes initiative and patient focused.
11. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
12. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.