Core Lab - Chemistry
Available to work day, evening, night and weekend shifts
$26.193 to $30.082 per hour
• Receives patients for testing, collects blood samples by venipuncture and skin puncture;
• Receives and prepares specimens for analysis;
• Receives and prepares samples for packaging and forwards to referral laboratories for analysis;
• Utilizing the Laboratory Information System and related databases to enter patient data and obtain laboratory results;
• Provides customer service by answering telephones and re-directly phone calls;
• Assists in the storage, rotation and disposal of laboratory samples according to retention guidelines;
• Assists in the filing, storage and disposal of documents and reports;
• Maintain a safe work environment and ensures that staff are in compliance with corporate and laboratory related safety policies and procedures; and
• Participates with and also delegate the responsibility of teaching allied health professionals from various associated educational programs.
1. Completion of approved Lab Technician's course
2. OSMT Certification required or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment.
3. Previous current experience within a core laboratory environment
4. Demonstrated leadership, teaching, organizational and human relation skills
5. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
6. Computer skills, including previous experience in the use of LIS is required
7. Clerical skills – data entry, labelling, and filing and other related duties
8. Maintains a clean and safe work area according to established policies and procedures
9. Demonstrated excellent communication and public relations skills
10. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.