Medicine and Seniors Care Program
$41.347 to $58.384 per hour
*(Inpatient Cardiology/Respirology and General Medicine Unit, Cardiac Care Unit)
St. Joseph's Health Centre is seeking a dynamic and innovative Patient Care Manager for our leading practice Inpatient Cardiology/Respirology and General Medicine unit and Cardiac Care Unit (CCU). Reporting to the Clinical Director for the Medicine & Seniors Care Program, the ideal candidate will have both strong clinic knowledge of the Cardiology, Respirology, and General Medicine inpatient population including best practice in the care and community transitioning of this population as well as experience in implementation and monitoring of Quality Based Procedures and strategies to optimize of patient flow. In addition, the ideal candidate will have strong clinical understanding and experience within acute cardiac care. The candidate must demonstrate diverse and consistent leadership skills promoting leading practice, quality care, and an exceptional patient experience in a culture of innovation and interprofessional collaboration.
Core responsibilities of the Patient Care Manager role include leading the development and implementation of program and unit based goals aligned with St. Joseph's strategic plan, ongoing quality improvement at the unit and program level, fiscal management, as well as support for the patient experience through team development, and the planning and co-ordination of human resources. In addition, the candidate will be able to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced clinical and teaching environment. As a core member of the Medicine and Senior's Program Leadership Team, the Patient Care Manager will also participate in Corporate, LHIN, and Ministry Initiatives as appropriate to advance the care of our patients.
Core Accountabilities :
1. Quality of Patient Care
2. Strategic/Operational Management
3. Resource Management (Human, Material, Financial)
1. Baccalaureate Degree required; Masters Degree preferred.
2. Registration with a Regulatory College of Ontario required.
3. Minimum 3 years recent management/leadership experience in an acute care hospital setting including responsibilities for staff scheduling, budgeting, performance management, coaching and unit strategic planning preferred.
4. Demonstrated relevant clinical and/or managerial experience in cardiology, respirology, and general medicine, including the integration of the provincial priorities and improvement strategies in clinical practice preferred.
5. Demonstrated strong organizational skills to manage competing priorities and balance multiple, disparate tasks.
6. Demonstrated evidence of innovative leadership and critical thinking, with proven ability to foster a collaborative team approach to decision making.
7. Demonstrated ability in communication, team building, problem solving and change management within an inter-professional milieu.
8. Exemplary partnership, consensus building, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
9. Willingness to assume responsibility for, and evidence to support, the maintenance of own professional competence and personal growth.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.