8 Hour shifts, Day, Evening and Night (Must be available everyday day of the week and for all shifts) Hours may change depending on departmental needs
$22.361 to $23.408 per hour
The Emergency Department (ED) has a daily patient visit of approximately 300 patients per day with volumes of almost 100,000 visits per year. We are looking for an energetic individual with a passion for working in a faced paced, ever changing and dynamic environment. This individual excels in data entry and supports the statistics needed for ED performance submissions as well as assists our diverse patient population's needs while simultaneously having communications with internal, external stakeholders, and community partners. ED flow is also paramount in the delivery of patient care and this individual will work together with the team leader to ensure fluid transitions while performing a number of day to day responsibilities.
1. Minimum Grade l2 education.
2. Recent experience as a Unit Clerk or other clerical experience.
3. Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
4. Computer skills required (intermediate level of Word and Excel) and data entry.
5. Basic mathematical/numerical skills and experience ordering supplies.
6. Polite & efficient telephone manner.
7. Proven ability to work independently and show initiative.
8. Demonstrated ability to prioritize.
9. Knowledge of medical terminology required.
10. Able to work well under pressure & co-operate with all Health Centre staff and patients.
11. Demonstrate costumer service skills
12. Satisfactory attendance record.
In order to be considered for the above vacancy, applications must be received in the Human Resources Department on or before October 16th, 2017.
* Please indicate Vacancy Number on all application forms.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.