Part Time & Casual
Interested candidates must be available to work days/evenings/nights, 7 days a week including statutory holidays.
$22.206 - $23.245 per hour
St. Joseph's is currently accepting resumes from qualified individuals for current and future part time and casual opportunities in our clerical job classifications (including Unit Clerks, Registration/ Booking Clerks and Secretaries). Clerical staff work across the Health Centre and play a pivotal role in the functioning of our departments and clinics, providing clerical and reception support, as well as acting as a first point of contact for staff, patients and visitors.
To be eligible to apply, you must possess the following:
1. Secondary School diploma.
2. Graduate of recognized Secretarial Program, Medical Administration Program or equivalent clerical/administrative experience required.
3. Computer skills required (intermediate level of Word and Excel).
4. Ability to type at a minimum speed of 40 WPM.
5. Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
6. Knowledge of medical terminology required. Medical Terminology Certificate preferred.
7. Basic mathematical/numerical skills and experience ordering supplies.
8. Polite & efficient telephone manner.
9. Proven ability to work independently and show initiative.
10. Able to work well under pressure & co-operate with all Health Centre staff and patients.
11. Satisfactory attendance record.
Qualified candidates may be contacted and invited to participate in our pre-screening process, including appropriate testing, in preparation for consideration for any of our clerical opportunities. Please note, all vacancies in this job classification will first be posted internally, prior to considering external applicants.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.