The Legend Award was introduced in March 2005 in honour of Sister Marcella Herlehy, to formally recognize individuals and teams who consistently demonstrate extraordinary achievements and consistently exemplify our Mission and Values. As a Chaplain at the Health Centre for 23 years, Sister Marcella Herlehy devoted her life to ministering to the sick and supporting the staff, physicians and volunteers at St. Joseph’s by living our Mission and Values in a special way, everyday.
Staff are encouraged to nominate fellow staff members for the following categories:
- Community of Service – Recognition of an individual/team who works in a climate of mutual support that enables healing and the fulfillment of human potential.
- Human Dignity – Recognition of an individual who demonstrates a quality of presence and caring that fosters healing and wholeness.
- Excellence – Recognition of an individual/team who demonstrates a commitment to strive for the best in care, education and research and the quality of work life.
- Compassion – Recognition of an individual who values each person as a unique individual with a right to respect and acceptance.
- Social Responsibility – Recognition of an individual/team that promotes the just use of resources entrusted to us for the enhancement of life within the hospital or community.
- Legend Award- Excellence – Ms. Elizabeth Hill, Manager, Human Resources
- Legend Award- Excellence – Ms. Sandy Foster, CCL, Emergency Department
- Legend Award – Compassion – Ms. Susan Dubiel, TL, 6G Medicine
- Legend Award – Compassion – Ms. Teresa Molloy, RN, PACU
- Legend Award – Human Dignity – Dr. Edward Gutman, Physician
- Legend Award – Community of Service – Ms. Lynne Strathern, Patient Safety Consultant
- Legend Award – Social Responsibility – Dr. Peter Menikefs, Anaesthesiologist