Applications are now being accepted for the 2018 Summer Student Volunteer Program.
Acceptance for Summer Applications is now closed. The application deadline was April 9, 2018
We offer a summer program for students (Secondary School and University/College) who wish to get involved for a seasonal commitment (3 shifts a week for two-four months).
Student Summer Program Requirements:
- Be at least 14 years of age and have completed Grade 9
- Two month (July and August) commitment of three shifts a week for High School students
- Four month (May-August) commitment of three shifts a week for University/College students
- University/College students will receive additional leadership training and have the opportunity to be team leader trainers for High school students
- Complete volunteer application form
- Attend an interview if invited
If accepted as a volunteer, you must complete the following before placement:
- Submit one reference that is not a friend or relative
- Complete Occupational Health testing including a two-step TB test
- Attend an Orientation Session to help prepare you for your role
- Complete role-specific training with a designated team leader
- Purchase a uniform (T-shirt) for $20
Summer Program Application Process:
- Apply now for the 2018 Summer Student Volunteer Program.
We thank you for your interest in volunteering. Please note that we receive applications in excess of the placements we have available. Therefore, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by June 1st, you can assume that we were unable to offer you an interview. We do not send out emails indicating that you were not selected for an interview.