Please note that the St. Joseph’s Health Centre volunteer program is currently suspended in order to better protect the health and safety of our volunteers, patients, families and staff.
If you are a current volunteer, please check your email or leave us a voicemail message for information and updates.
If you are a future applicant, please periodically check our website for updates as to when we will resume normal operations.
St. Joe’s offers a multitude of opportunities to meet your personal goals and interests. The majority of volunteer shifts are available Monday to Friday, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., with some positions on weekends and evenings. Here are some examples:
(for example in the Emergency or Paediatrics)
- Providing emotional support to patients & families
- Informing Healthcare team of patient’s needs
- One-on-one visiting
(for example Courtesy Desk)
- Providing information or directing patients, families and visitors
- Escorting or transporting outpatients
Retail and Fundraising
(for example Gift Ship or Foundation)
- Supporting revenue-generating operations
- Providing ongoing customer service
(for example Pet Therapy)
- Assisting with pet, music, clowning or other recreational support
- Leading, training or mentoring new volunteers
- Providing special project support for various units or departments
High School Co-op Program
- Please contact Volunteer Services for an application package firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the Volunteer Services Office does not arrange student placements and/or observerships.
- UofT medical student observership inquiries contact Medical Education at MedEd@stjoestoronto.ca
- Resident and medical student elective inquiries contact Medical Education at MedEd@stjoestoronto.ca
- Other medical observership inquiries contact Medical Affairs at MedAffairs@stjoestoronto.ca
- Student placement inquiries contact Corporate Education at CorporateEd@stjoestoronto.ca
- Research volunteers contact Research at LTomat@stjoestoronto.ca