Current Projects Underway
Sunnyside Parking Garage
- In 2016/2017, we will be completing phase 2 of our parking garage improvement project.
Kitchen Drainage Replacement
- We are currently replacing infrastructure in the steam kettle area to support our cafeteria, which provides on-site cooked meals to our inpatients and our cafeteria visitors.
Tranquility Entrance Replacement
- The Tranquility Entrance at the South end of the building is our most heavily used and fully accessible entrance. To improve comfort and accessibility, the original double sliding glass doors are being replaced by a new revolving door and waiting area.
Health Infrastructure Renewal Fund (HIRF) Projects
- For 2016/2017, St. Joe’s has been awarded 1.4M from the Ontario Government for ongoing infrastructure improvements
- Projects will include window replacement, electrical upgrades, plumbing upgrades, and interior finishes renewal
Renovation and Expansion of in-hospital Dialysis Centre
- Renovation of nearly 12,000 square feet in the Morrow Wing, providing 24 new dialysis treatment spaces and specialized dialysis equipment. Our new centre will consolidate two separate dialysis units currently in the hospital, to provide a more private, spacious and calming environment for all of our dialysis patients.
Community Renal Centre Emergency Generator
- Providing regional outpatient dialysis services, the Community Renal Centre is an integral part the Ontario Renal Network’s system. The addition of a new external emergency generator will ensure that we are able to provide uninterrupted services to the patients in our community.
Angiography Interventional Suite
- A renovation to the current interventional suite to replace the angiography machine with new state of the art equipment, and improvements to patient areas and ultrasound rooms.
Construction notices (link to further information)
- Clinic and office updates (link to further information)
- Recently completed projects
Last Year’s Projects
Over the last year, we are pleased to celebrate the completion of the following projects: in Diagnostic Imaging, a newly installed nuclear medicine camera, a fluoroscopy machine; on the 3rd floor of OLM, renovation of the Just For Kids Clinic waiting area; in the Emergency Department, the replacement of the entrance with a new revolving door; in Health Records, the replacement of the customer service window, reception and waiting area; and the first phase of structural repairs in the Sunnyside Parking Garage.