For members of the media interested in information about St. Joseph’s Health Centre, or who would are interested in speaking to a physician or staff member, please contact the Corporate Communications and Public Affairs Department at:
All media inquiries Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.:
416-530-6387 or email email@example.com.
2016 Press Releases
- March 30, 2016:
CIBC President & CEO Victor G. Dodig and Toronto Maple Leafs President Brendan Shanahan to lead St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation’s $70 million Campaign
Campaign Co-Chair Media Release
- January 4, 2016:
St. Joe’s Earns Highest Possible Quality Rating from Accreditation Canada
2015 Press Releases
- November 12, 2015:
Ontario Improving Care for Patients with Complex Conditions in South Toronto
- January 27, 2015:
St. Joe’s Family Medicine Team Wins Family Practice of the Year Award
Media interview request after hours and on weekends:
- Contact our Switchboard by calling 416-530-6000 and press ‘0’.
- Please identify yourself as a member of the press and ask to have our on call media relations person paged.
- Please leave your name and a contact number with our Switchboard so we can call you back.
St. Joseph’s Media Policy:
- To help ensure the appropriate staff and physicians are notified and secured for your media request, the Corporate Communications & Public Affairs Department must be notified in advance of any interview or photo opportunities.
- A Corporate Communications & Public Affairs representative must also accompany all reporters, film crews and photographers when on St. Joseph’s property. For reasons of safety and patient confidentiality hospital security will remove media from the premises if they are unauthorized or unaccompanied by a member of the Corporate Communications & Public Affairs Department.
- Staff and physicians are required to sign a hospital consent form for interviews, filming or photo opportunities.
- Patient interviews need approval from our medical staff to ensue they are able to provide consent. We respect our patients’ privacy and confidentiality and if it is deemed not appropriate to approach a patient for their consent St. Joseph’s is committed to respecting this as part of our values of treating each person with compassion and a right to respect and acceptance.
Release of patient information:
Please refer to Personal Health Information Protection Act, PHIPA 2004.
- St. Joseph’s Health Centre maintains very strict policies around patient confidentiality, and we do not comment on patients currently receiving care or those who have received care at St. Joseph’s Health Centre.
- For reasons of patient confidentiality and privacy legislation, St. Joseph’s will not provide patient condition reports to the media. Without the consent of the patient or their family, no other information will be supplied to the media including: an explanation of the prognosis, type or extent of injury, confirmation of medial treatment, an interview with the attending physician, expected time of release etc.
- Families want and request privacy while they or a loved one is receiving hospital care and St. Joseph’s is committed to respecting this. If it is deemed not appropriate to approach a patient and/or a family for their consent St. Joseph’s is committed to respecting this as part of our values of treating each person with compassion and a right to respect and acceptance.
St. Joseph’s value our media partnerships, however, we are committed to Putting our Patients First by providing the safest care and can not always fulfill the media requests we receive.