Work With Us – Applying to Positions at St. Joe’s
We welcome expressions of interest for employment at St. Joseph’s Heath Centre!
View Current Employment Opportunities. Please review the qualifications, responsibilities and compensation for the position you are interested in and apply by email, or via our online application process.
We thank everyone for their submissions; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants can apply for positions by one of the following two methods.
- View Current Employment Opportunities and click on the position that you are interested in. Use the form at the bottom of the page to upload your resume. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying for must appear in the subject line of your email.
Notice to Applicants with Disabilities:
St. Joseph’s Health Centre is committed to providing barrier-free access to employment opportunities and asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Note to Current Employees:
Current St. Joseph’s Health Centre employees who wish to apply for a position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link: http://sjnet/kiosk2/external.php, clicking “APPLY NOW”, and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the “For Staff” section of the external website (found in the top right corner) and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
Hiring Process Steps:
For information purposes, the following outlines the steps in our hiring process:
|Step # 1||Job Advertising||St. Joseph’s Health Centre uses a variety of advertising venues to advertise our external opportunities including our Careers section on our website, Workopolis, RNAO, Health Force Ontario and Linkedin to name a few.|
|Step # 2||Application Pre-screen||Candidate applications are received, sorted and pre-screened by a Human Resources representative based on the posted job qualifications.|
|Step # 3||Hiring Manager Review||The Hiring Manager will review the pre-screened applicants and select candidates for interview. Human Resources will contact only those individuals who will be invited to participate in a testing/interview process.|
|Step # 4||Interviews/Testing||Candidate testing/interviews will be scheduled to take place.|
|Step # 5||References||Candidate references will be conducted for selected candidate(s).|
|Step # 6||Offer Extended||Offer of Employment to the final selected candidate.|
|Step # 7||Notification||Notification to other candidates who participated in the interview process of outcome of job competition (by mail, phone or email).|
Frequently Asked Questions - Information for Candidates who have attended Interviews at St. Joe’s
Some time has passed and I have not heard anything – why?
- Our interview processes can take place over a period of several weeks, followed by an invitation to our select candidate(s) to provide references. Once an employment offer has been made and accepted, we notify all remaining candidates who interviewed for the position of their status. As this process can take time, we appreciate your patience.
If I am contacted for references, who will you need to speak to?
- A Human Resources representative will contact you directly and provide direction regarding which references we require.
- Please be advised that our referencing policy requires that we speak with a minimum of two direct Managers, including your current Manager, if actively employed.
I have another job offer—should I let Human Resources know?
- The Human Resources team would appreciate knowing this information if you are interviewing for a position at St. Joe’s. While we are not always in a position to expedite the recruitment process, we can provide you with a realistic timeline as to when we will be in a position to select a candidate.
How will I know if I am not successful?
- All candidates will be notified by mail or by phone, once the position has been filled.
Can I be considered for other positions?
- If you would like to be considered for other positions, please ensure you routinely visit our Careers site and submit your application online.
Who can I speak to if I have questions after the interview?
- Please contact the Employment Co-ordinator listed on the card provided to you when you arrived for your interview. If you have misplaced the card, please contact our main office at 416-530-6460 and we will redirect your call.