Full Time Temporary
$41.347 to $58.384 per hour
Full Time Temporary, until approximately May 20, 2019
General Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide direct, patient-focused care in a multi-disciplinary team environment for the Geriatric unit (6G).
2. Provide leadership for pharmacist's professional and clinical development and performance through establishing and implementing practice standards with ongoing mentorship, feedback and follow up.
3. Coordinate and implement relevant educational sessions for pharmacists that include presentations by internal and external providers, workshops, seminars and conference attendance in order to promote continuous education and development.
4. Coordinate internal meetings that include clinical sharing sessions and journal clubs with a goal to foster an environment of peer sharing and education and practice of evidence based medicine
5. Participate in recruitment and training and orientation of new staff in conjunction with other members of the leadership team (for Pharmacists, BPMH students, Med Rec Techs).
6. Lead and coordinate scheduling, scheduling changes, statutory holiday assignment and vacation request review/approval for staff pharmacists.
7. Collaborate with management team on quality improvement projects, development of clinical standards, order sets for clinical practice, policies and procedures, and general practices in the health centre related to pharmacy & interprofessional practice.
8. Participate in committee work related to leadership, inter-professional and clinical practice at the institutional and department level (including but not limited to P&T, Medication Reconciliation Committee, Interprofessional Advisory Committee, etc.,)
1. Advanced Degree in Clinical Pharmacy preferred.
2. Hospital pharmacy residency preferred.
3. Licensure (Part A) with the Ontario College of Pharmacists in good standing required.
4. Minimum 2 years of hospital/clinical practice experience involving the provision of direct patient care role required.
5. Minimum 2 years of practical experience in assessing patients, performing medication reconciliation, monitoring patient therapy (including therapeutic drug monitoring, pharmacokinetics), counseling and providing patient education in a hospital setting.
6. Minimum 2 years of practical experience in the provision of Pharmaceutical Care and in precepting/teaching students the concepts of Pharmaceutical Care in direct patient care rotations.
7. Understanding of discipline-related issues, including medical directives, policy, standards of practice and applicable legislation.
8. Demonstrated professional leadership skills and abilities.
9. Active member of the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists an asset.
10. Self-motivated team player, reliable, cooperative, organized, willing to take initiative and patient focused.
11. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
12. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.