Monday to Friday Days, with some flexibility required.
$35.401 - $44.415 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, Redevelopment, the incumbent will manage all aspects of hospital projects, including Ministry of Health approval projects and internal hospital renovation projects. The incumbent must ensure that the project(s) abides by the directions outlined in Ontario Building and Fire Code, and relevant guidelines related to the specific area of redevelopment.
1. Assist the Manager and Director of Planning & Redevelopment in managing the planning development, implementation and construction of the capital plan.
2. Oversee the organizing of user groups and conduct meetings as required to ensure timely and effective progress toward design documentation. Ensure process is completed as scheduled.
3. Manage the development of block schematics, sketch plans and working drawings in compliance with the Functional Program through the architect and with user group input.
4. Prepare capital budgets and capital forecast updates for the specific projects being worked on.
5. Review and comment on working drawings and specifications for completeness and accuracy.
6. Develop project schedules and phasing plans in conjunction with consultants' input.
7. Oversee coordination of all aspects of furniture and equipment planning, procurement and installation with respect to renovations and projects. Ensure the timely identification of furniture, fixtures, signage and equipment requirements, as well as the tender, delivery and installation process of the same.
8. Review and monitor scheduling, cashflow and progress draws and make recommendations related to the issuance of Contemplated Change Notices (CCN's) and Change Orders for approval.. Analyze and report monthly on the status of the CCN's and job site instructions, summarizing project costs and projections.
9. Participate in construction site meetings as the owner's representative, overseeing all contract administration processes and reporting as required to the Manager and Director of Planning & Redevelopment. .
10. Ensure the completion of project status reports, as required, to meet both hospital planning committee needs and the Ministry of Health needs.
11. Oversee the coordination of commissioning process for the facility and equipment where appropriate.
12. Ensure that the hospital's Infection Prevention and Control policies and protocols related to construction are followed , in conjunction with internal Infection Control staff and Occupation Health & Safety. Ensure policies and protocols are understood and adhered to by contractors.
13. Prepare post occupancy evaluation and analyze space utilization.
14. Liaise with hospital administrators, department heads and physicians and attempt to minimize disruption to the current operating facilities during construction.
15. Oversee the relocation of staff and equipment and the orientation of staff to new or renovated facilities as required.
16. Assist in providing recommended solutions to "space and office" allocation. Oversee and review the planning and implementation of office renovations and the relocation of staff and equipment impacted by above.
17. Oversee and organize the activities of all consultants to the projects.
18. Conduct deficiency review and follow-up.
19. Track all ongoing contract interpretation disputes for follow-up to assist the Manager and Director as required..
20. Oversee the coordination of new and relocated phone/data and power requests in conjunction with the health centre Information Services department.
21. Satisfactory attendance record.
1. University Degree or College Diploma in Structural, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Architecture with a minimum of 5-7 years project management, renovation and construction in a health care environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
2. Demonstrated experience with facility and equipment commissioning and orientation.
3. Knowledge of capital budget, facility designs and construction processes and familiarity with health care delivery systems.
4. Demonstrated oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to use computers for spreadsheets, word-processing and/or computer assisted drafting (CAD).
6. Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills, supplemented by organization, planning and analytic skills.
7. Demonstrated skill with respect to project management, organization, implementation of detailed project specifications with multi-user groups and of major construction projects.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.