Outpatient Mental Health
Full Time Temporary
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7:00am-3:00pm or as required for the needs of the program.
$32.21 to $45.31 per hour 25 year rate: $46.11 per hour
Full Time Temporary (Until Approximately September 9th, 2018)
The Registered Nurse provides client-focused direct support to the Injection and Clozapine Clinics. The Nurse also provides support to patients undergoing Electroconvulsive Therapy in our Post Anesthesia Care Unit, including providing assistance to the attending psychiatrist. The position may also include providing nursing support for other OPMH programs as needed. The Nurse will be involved in program planning and quality improvement initiatives.
1. Current registration and member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
2. Post-diploma Mental Health Nursing Certificate or the Canadian Nursing Association Certificate in Psychiatric Nursing within 2 years of start date required.
3. Minimum of 3 years acute mental health experience required. In addition a minimum of 2 years experience in community mental health would be an asset.
4. Recent experience providing intramuscular injections
5. Excellent mental health assessment skills, including assessing for medication side effects
6. Ability to effectively de-escalate patients and families in crisis situations and to provide supportive counseling when required.
7. Demonstrated ability in medical and/or addiction nursing preferred.
8. Current BLS Certificate.
9. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to function as a team player.
10. Have strong leadership, problem solving and conflict resolution skills and the ability to work independently.
10. Must be able to work under pressure in a very busy clinic setting.
11. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.