Monday – Friday days, with some flexibility required
$29.906 – $37.510 per hour
We require an individual with a high level of technical standards and a commitment to excellence in their projects to work with our facilities management teams. The individual must meet the qualifications listed below and will be responsible for the following:
• Development of project implementation plans and space planning
• Directing and controlling execution of projects with small to medium size and scope while ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget
• Anticipating problems and advising on solutions (troubleshooting)
• Liaising with hospital staff and contractors as required
• Managing costs, monitoring, and reporting progress of projects on a regular basis
• Managing and prioritizing changing and conflicting demands to ensure project prioritization is maintained
• Coordinating small scale renovation projects involving electrical & communications infrastructure installations, lighting, flooring and other interior finishes, as well as window treatments, wayfinding signs and furnishings
• Issuing of Purchase Orders, contracts and tenders for small scale renovation projects and furniture installations
• Coordinating projects that involve the general aesthetics and environment of the facility
• Managing multiple projects at one time
• Assist Project Managers with tasks related to larger projects
• Management of overall space inventory for the site and maintenance of base building drawings
• Maintenance and refreshment of furniture standards and furniture/equipment coordination
1. Degree or diploma in architectural technology or other related field.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in construction, project planning, project co-ordination, and project administration is required.
3. Experience in a healthcare setting is considered an asset.
4. Move planning and co-ordination capabilities required.
5. Proficiency in AutoCAD required.
6. Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, PPT).
7. Knowledge of Furniture Systems.
8. Demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a project team.
9. Strong written and verbal communication skills
10. Ability to be flexible and prioritize work, in a rapidly changing environment and the ability to be self-directed with minimal supervision.
11. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.