2M - Short Stay Unit, Day of Surgery & Pre-Admission
Full Time Temporary
Monday to Friday, Days
$41.347 to $58.384 per hour
Full Time Temporary for 7 months starting April 2018
Monday to Friday, Days, with some scheduling flexibility required.
Summary: The Patient Care Manager is a program-based position, reporting to the Administrative Program Director, Peri-Operative Services. The focus of the role is to develop innovative strategies to achieve exceptional patient and family care. The Patient Care Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of human resources, financial resources, quality initiatives and the ongoing planning and development of the unit and will be an active participate in the overall planning and vision of the Surgical Program.
1. Quality of Patient Care
- Seeks insight into patient/family care needs and works with the interdisciplinary health care team to develop solutions/service delivery that provide exceptional patient care
- Establishes program standards of care in conjunction with the Program and Medical Director
- Develops evaluation criteria that support excellent patient care, utilizing best practices and quality improvement processes
- Assists Collaborative Practice Leaders to ensure that staff meet professional standards and supports ongoing professional learning and development
- Ensures interdisciplinary approach to care, recognizing the unique contribution of each discipline
- Fosters trust and teaches new behaviours/approaches by example and role modeling
- Facilitates and role models effective customer service and problem resolution
- Facilitates and supports effective team behaviour/development of a high performance team through daily huddles and other quality strategies and initiatives
2. Strategic/Operational Management
- Reviews and simplifies systems/structures/policies to support the vision of the program/Health Centre
-Identifies potential market and competitive opportunities within the program
- Develops and nurtures partnerships with internal and external communities
- Communicates vision and direction through a variety of media, and articulates their link to strategic initiatives
- In collaboration with the program supports the development and implementation of a program vision
3. Resource Management (Human, Material, Financial)
- Provides point of care resources to ensure safe and exceptional patient and family care
- Identifies trends, issues and challenges requiring change in practice patterns or system processes
- Encourages and supports opportunities and innovation amongst all members of the health care team
- Mentors/coaches staff to ensure current and future leadership development
- Develops human resource plans to meet present and future program needs
-Creates an environment, which empowers individuals to take ownership and accountability for their actions
- Develops and manages budget to support dynamic programs
- Ensures effective performance management processes
-Supports effective recruitment and retention strategies
1. Baccalaureate Degree required, Masters' Degree preferred.
2. Regulated Health Professional in good standing with applicable Regulatory College.
3. Strong clinical background in surgery, including demonstrated knowledge of current best practices.
4. Three to five years recent leadership experience in a healthcare environment.
5. Demonstrated strong financial and human resource management skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to foster partnerships to advance patient and family centred care.
7. Demonstrated evidence of innovative leadership and critical thinking, with proven ability to foster a collaborative team and patient/family approach to decision making.
8. Demonstrates effectiveness in all categories of the OHA's Leadership Competency at the management level.
9. Superior communication, team building, conflict resolution and problem solving skills within an interdisciplinary milieu.
10. Proven success in the development and implementation of strategic objectives including quality indicators, volume targets, and budget management.
11. Proven success in managing change and fostering a positive workplace culture.
12. Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development.
13. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.