Medicine and Seniors Care Program
Full Time Temporary
$41.347 to $58.384 per hour
Full Time Temporary, until approximately June 30th, 2019
St. Joseph's Health Centre is seeking a dynamic and innovative Manager, Clinical and Community Transitions. Reporting to the Clinical Director for the Medicine & Seniors Care Program, the Manager, Clinical and Community Transitions will be responsible for ensuring the timely, appropriate, and sustainable system development and resource utilization to facilitate clinical and community transitions across the broader Health Centre and Health Care continuum. This will be done through the development and implementation of the discharge planning and transitions policy and process, as well as the allocation of the Transition Planning Human Resources in the Medicine and Senior's Care Program.
Working closely with patients and families in partnership with the Patient Care Manager and Director Leadership Team, the Manager, Clinical and Community Transitions is responsible to effectively support a positive patient experience through education, policy and process development, as well as meet with and manage patient and family expectations on the units, in collaboration with the unit care manager. This role will also work collaboratively with external partners to identify and optimize opportunities to enhance partnership and patient flow for all patients.
This role will ensure appropriate use of fiscal resources, and manage the performance of the Transition Planning Team. A part of this role will be the ongoing development of relationships and partnerships with community resources such as but not limited to CCAC.
The candidate must demonstrate diverse and consistent leadership skills promoting leading practice, quality care, and an exceptional patient experience in a culture of innovation and interprofessional collaboration and partnership. As a core member of the Medicine and Senior's Program Leadership Team, the Patient Care Manager will also participate in Corporate, LHIN, and Ministry Initiatives as appropriate to advance the care of our patients. In addition, the candidate will be able to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced clinical and teaching environment.
a) Clinical Operations & Planning
• Designs and implements a plan to centralize and move to a primary discharge planning model across the Health Centre.
• Designs and implements a strategy to meet ALC targets and design appropriate metrics and reports
• Develops a plan for enhanced partnership and integration with CCAC
b) Patient Experience
• Demonstrates a commitment to understanding patient, family & other internal and external customer needs and takes responsibility for addressing those needs.
• Initiates ongoing communication with patients, families and/or customers to ensure their satisfaction and anticipate future needs.
• Recognizes patient, family and/or customer dissatisfaction and responds in a timely and positive manner to resolve the issue(s).
• Solicits feedback from patients, families and other customers to improve policies, procedures and service delivery to meet patient, family & customer needs.
c) Human Resources Management
• Determines appropriate staffing needs and initiates the recruitment and selection of qualified individuals.
• Ensures appropriate orientation and on-boarding of new staff.
• Ensures appropriate skill mix and scheduling of staff.
• Ensures that staff understand and are evaluated against established performance standards, including conducting regular performance reviews.
• Ensures that staff possess the skills and knowledge necessary to provide safe, quality care/service.
• Ensures staff have the appropriate information, training, tools, coaching, supervision and resources to be successful in accomplishing their work.
d) Financial Management
• Manages and is accountable for the unit financial resources.
• Seeks opportunities to contain/minimize costs while promoting safe, quality patient/family/customer care and/or service.
• Monitors and analyzes monthly variances from approved budget. Analyzes financial and statistical reports on a regular basis to monitor performance and take action to attend budgeted targets in collaboration with Program leadership.
e) Quality, Safety and Risk Management
• Interacts daily with staff to promote team communication, collaborative problem solving and efficient running of a safe work environment
• Supports and implements as required organizational patient safety, quality and risk strategies and initiatives (exs IPC initiatives, safety reports).
• Manages the development and implementation of unit quality improvement processes which are aligned with patient care standards.
f) Leadership & Corporate Contribution
• Initiates and develops collaborative working relationships with colleagues in other units and departments.
• Initiates and develop effective working relationships with external organizations as applicable.
• Represent the unit internally on SJHC committees/forums/projects and externally as required.
1. Undergraduate degree in a health related field required. Master's degree strongly preferred.
2. Current registration in good standing with a Regulated Health Professions College required.
3. Minimum 3 years of recent experience in a related role with clinical operations and process improvement responsibilities preferred.
4. Demonstrated ability to collaboratively lead, plan, manage, and implement innovative change ideas.
5. Demonstrated achievements in building effective and sustained capabilities in quality.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of the Ontario health care system, provincial legislation, accreditation standards, and applicable Health Centre policies.
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including the ability to collaborate, negotiate and lead within an inter-professional team and with patients and families.
8. Demonstrated knowledge in adult learning principles, theories and concepts.
9. Demonstrated ability to plan and make decisions based on best available evidence.
10. Demonstrated ability to manage change in a dynamic environment, team-build and resolve conflicts.
11. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.