$39.376 - $53.987 per hour
On August 1, 2017, Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph's Health Centre and St. Michael's Hospital integrated to form a new health network. United, the three organizations serve patients, residents and clients across the full spectrum of care, spanning primary care, secondary community care, tertiary and quaternary care services to post-acute through rehabilitation, palliative care and long-term care, while investing in world-class research and education. This is an important and exciting milestone for each of our organizations and the people we care for as we work towards our vision of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
The Collaborative Practice Leader (CPL) is a dynamic corporate leadership position within St. Joseph's Health Centre. As a strong leader in practice excellence, you will ensure practice, education, evidence based care and process standardization where appropriate across programs and health systems. You bring a strong foundation in clinical practice and leadership with acute care experience and a strong demonstrated commitment to Patient and Family Centered Care and Interprofessional Collaboration. You will be integral in implementing best practice guidelines, evidence based practices, implement and evaluate complex change processes and patient safety and quality initiatives. You have the ability to build trusting relationships, create energy and a shared commitment to practice excellence to become Canada' Best Community Health Centre.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated Clinical Informatics Leader who will be responsible for ensuring that this initiative and its ongoing operation is clinically focused and fully aligned with our goals of increased patient quality and safety while ensuring optimal clinical adoption. The ideal candidate for this challenging role should have proven experience coupled with strong abilities in the principles of leadership and change management.
The key components of the role will include advancing the adoption of St. Joseph's electronic patient record and associated clinical technologies and applications. Reporting to the Senior Director, Digital Records and Partnerships, the Collaborative Practice Leader will be leading a dynamic Clinical Informatics Team that will be integral to the organization ability to successfully operationalize the eHealth program of work.
The Collaborative Practice Leader, Clinical Informatics, working collaboratively with other Corporate Collaborative Practice Leaders, Information Services, clinicians, physicians and Clinical Informatics teams, is responsible to lead and manage clinical information systems from a clinical perspective and be responsive to the enablement of quality patient focused care to support the Health Centre's mission, vision and strategic priorities.
The Collaborative Practice Leader will play a key role in goal setting, planning, and operationalizing the Electronic Patient Record and associated clinical system implementations to optimize usage through education and training to ensure the targeted outcomes are achieved. The Collaborative Practice Leader will work closely with clinical and physician teams, serving as a resource/mentor for staff, leading project implementation activities, and developing policies and procedures meeting practice standards and regulatory requirements.
Key accountabilities will include design and build of electronic patient record systems, assisting clinical leaders with work flow improvements, training of all staff, physicians and students on the use of our electronic patient record, and using our analytics tools to help improve performance.
The Collaborative Practice Leader will enable the successful implementation of initiatives by ensuring best practices, standardization, and relevance of information to support decision-making and evaluating measures of success.
1. Baccalaureate preparation in a relevant healthcare or related discipline; Masters Degree in a related health care field required.
2. Current registration with a regulated health discipline
3. Minimum five years of clinical experience in either direct patient care, healthcare management or information management.
4. Experience in leading large scale, complex change processes, preferably with a health technology focus.
5. Experience with managing process redesign related to major clinical systems implementations and delivering clinical change.
6. Demonstrated ability to engage multiple stakeholders and deliver results.
7. Formal training and experience in quality improvement and people change management principles and methodologies.
8. Solid understanding of quality and workflow process improvement methodologies and lean principles.
9. Solid understandings of CI process, implementation approaches, change management strategy.
10. Ability to define the strategic requirements and plan that will ensure process re-engineering is quality based and fully facilitates clinician engagement and adoption.
11. Ability to translate communication and facilitate common understanding across clinicians and information systems (IS) professionals.
12. Ability to articulate and implement a vision of seamless patient information collection and documentation.
13. Strong political, relationship management, verbal and written communication, and execution skills.
14. Analytical skills tempered with realism and a "can do" attitude.
15. Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines.
16. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.