8 hour day shifts
$29.980 - $34.755 per hour, $26.193 to $30.082 per hour
Part Time 0.5 FTE, this position will work 0.4 FTE as a Pacemaker Technician & 0.1 FTE as a Cardiology Technologist (scheduled FTEs are subject to occasional change per departmental needs)
8 hour day shifts must be flexible during the hours of 7:30AM to 5PM. Some overtime may be involved.
Salary: The incumbent will be paid at the applicable rate for each position when working in that capacity:
Pacemaker: $29.980 - $34.755 per hour
Cardiology Technologist: $26.193 to $30.082 per hour
1. Must be registered, with the Canadian Society of Cardiovascular Technologists (CSCT) or the Ontario Society of Cardiovascular Technologists (OSCT).
2. Must successfully complete the International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE) Exam within three (3) years of hire.
3. Minimum 2 years experience required in Pacemaker analysis and arrhythmia interpretation in a hospital environment.
4. Ability to interrogate pacemaker and ICD devices, and programming and reprogramming of device as per Physician orders.
5. Ability to provide technical support and advice to Operating Room staff during intra-operative implantation of permanent pacemakers, including transport of device selected by MD to OR
6. Perform limited physical assessment with regard to patient status in consultation with Physician
7. Pacemaker courses/continuing education is an asset.
8. Minimum 2 years experience required in Holter setup, Holter Scanning, Exercise Stress Testing, and performing ECG's.
9. Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal.
10. Ability to carry a full workload which includes routine ECGs, Graded Exercise Testing, Holter Monitoring, and Pace Makers.
11. Able to work in a fast paced environment.
12. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
13. Able to work independently when necessary, and within a team environment at all times.
14. The successful candidate will be responsible for professional development, attending in-service and Health Centre education sessions, attending workshops and seminars provided by the Cardiology Technologist Association of Ontario and improving skills by participating in ongoing educational programs
15. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.