Must be available to rotate on l2 hour shifts including weekends, on short notice, and on an as needed basis.
$24.200 per hour, $23.200 per hour (probationary rate)
As an integral member of Security Services, the principal responsibilities of the Security Guard will include: providing continuous internal and external random patrol of Hospital property ensuring Hospital policies and procedures are adhered; contributing to and facilitating in the provision of a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors which support the mission, goals and vision of St. Joseph's Health Centre in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations. The Security Guard is also involved in investigating all forms of property loss, theft and damage; responding to emergency codes and calls for assistance following established departmental and Hospital policy, enforcing Hospital parking regulations to maintain order; performing cross functional duties as assigned and/or requested.
1. Graduate of a security administration/law enforcement program or a combination of ongoing studies and related equivalent experience.
2. Must possess a valid Private Security License in accordance with the Private Security and Investigative Services Act, 2005.
3. Completion of a Crisis Intervention certificate preferred
4. Certification in Legal Awareness and Use of Force, Tactical Communications preferred
5. Two years experience as a Public Security Guard (preferably in a Hospital setting).
6. Excellent problem recognition skills and ability to proactively achieve resolutions both through direction and negotiation.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of Federal and Provincial statutes
8. Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
9. Excellent judgment and demonstrate tact and diplomacy skills in emergency situations
10. Must have a good employee record
11. Satisfactory attendance record
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.