$39.040 – $48.966 per hour
The Patient Care Coordinator role is a leadership position within the Critical Care Department with the primary focus on the collaborative management of special projects and enhancing the patient experience and flow. Embracing models of operational and clinical excellence, patient and family-driven care, you will work in partnership with the interdisciplinary Critical Care Team, other teams across the hospital and external partners (including the MOHLTC, LHIN, CCSO, and other healthcare facilities).
You also have well-developed interpersonal, critical thinking and problem solving skills, are able to work independently as well as within a multidisciplinary team, are able to effectively prioritize and multi-task. You have excellent verbal and written communication, teaching skills and project management skills. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
You will provide leadership in rapidly changing patient situations and is an autonomous professional who works independently and interdependently supporting the health care team. You will also provide advice and guidance to other health care providers regarding complex patient care matters, planning, policy development and problem solving. You are highly organized, able to succeed in a fast paced and high volume client facing environment, and are eager to engage with new challenges every single day.
1. Regulated Health Professional with BScN or Masters in nursing required.
2. Critical Care Certificate or PACU Certificate preferred.
3. Registration in good standing with CNO with membership to the RNAO required.
4. Supervisory/Management experience of 2 - 5 years in a clinical acute care hospital environment required.
5. At least 4 years clinical experience nursing in a critical care/surgical environment required.
6. Knowledge of PACU/ICU day to day operations.
7. Comfortable working with computers, especially Microsoft Office and Outlook applications.
8. Education of patients, family, referring facilities and other community providers regarding philosophy of rehabilitation care.
9. Participate and lead program and hospital-wide initiatives, including professional development of self, and staff.
10. Demonstrates understanding of, compliance with, and commitment to, patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for patients.
11. Knowledge of relevant legislations and guidelines regarding best practice.
12. Able to engage staff in continous clinical skill improvement.
13. Excellent decision making, critical thinking and problem solving.
14. Conflict resolution and effective communication and listening skills.
15. Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
16. Excellent Attendance Record
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.