Medical & Academic Affairs
Full Time Temporary
Days (Monday – Friday)
$27.954 to $32.091 per hour
*Full Time Temporary until approximately July 24th, 2018
Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for using a high level of initiative, judgment and flexibility to provide advanced and highly skilled support to both internal and external stakeholders, while maintaining a high standard of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Supporting the Chief of Staff, and certain Department Chiefs in all aspects of administrative, leadership, academic and clinical roles;
• Ensuring all information relevant to specific roles, projects, meetings, tasks, and staff is compiled, organized and filed for rapid access and maximum utility;
• Conducting departmental activities and attending and preparing meeting agendas and minutes;
• Facilitation and organization of email and voice mail communications;
• Interfacing with multiple stakeholders to answer questions, distributing information and ensuring Chiefs have all relevant information;
• Organization of work, correspondence, document preparation, scheduling of meetings, event preparation, coordinating and completing financial payment activities, preparing statistics, coordinating the rescheduling of patients.
• Providing administrative support for Medical Advisory Committee – assemble materials, communication, draft minutes, arrange teleconferencing etc.
1. Community College graduate of a recognized medical secretarial or office administrative program, or equivalent experience required. Secondary School Diploma required.
2. Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in a senior administrative role required, preferably in a healthcare setting.
3. Ability to accurately type 50 wpm, photocopier, printer and personal computer experience required.
4. Advanced computer skills in MS Office, E-Mail and Internet. Experience with financial and clinical applications an asset.
5. Working knowledge of medical terminology required.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
7. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical, multi-tasking and problem solving skills required.
8. Must have excellent attention to detail and be able to work under pressure.
9. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
10. Satisfactory attendance record.
In order to be considered for the above transfer, applications must be received in the human Resources Department on or before January 11, 2018
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.