Part Time Temporary, Full Time
All shifts, every day of the week*
$27.049 to $29.358 per hour
*Availability for all shifts required including weekends and holidays, must be available to work every day of the week and be flexible with scheduling
**Part Time Temporary, 2017-1154, 2017-1155, (until Approximately November 30th, 2018). Full Time, 2017-1153
The RPN role in the Emergency Department includes provision of direct nursing care to patients in consultation with the RN. This includes participation in ongoing assessment of the patient's condition, planning of care, and evaluation of outcomes of care. RPNs report changes in patient conditions to the RN, and may contribute to decisions regarding management of care.
1. Successful completion of a Practical Nursing Diploma Program. Candidates who are currently working as an RPN at the Health Centre with a medication administration certificate will be considered.
2. Current BLS Certificate
3. Successfully complete Coronary Care 1 course or equivalent within 6 months of hire.
4. Currently registered as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
5. Recent acute general medicine/surgical nursing experience required.
6. Recent emergency department and mental health nursing experience preferred.
7. Demonstrated clinical competence with general medicine, surgical and mental health nursing skills.
8. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
9. Demonstrated ability to engage and educate patients and families.
10. Demonstrated understanding and commitment to patient and family-centred care.
11. Demonstrated ability to organize patient care demands and to set priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
12. Demonstrated physical assessment skills, critical thinking skills and problem solving skills
13. Commitment to professional training and development
14. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within an interprofessional team as well as independently.
15. Excellent computer skills.
16. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.