Full Time Temporary
$44.322 to $52.416 per hour
*Full Time Temporary (until approx. January 5, 2019)
Initiate, participate, oversee and promote activities that support the appropriate (safe, efficacious and cost-effective) use of antimicrobials in the provision of patient care. Provide support and leadership to staff pharmacists in their clinical and educational activities. Apply and promote pharmaceutical care principles to improve patient care
1. Responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and dissemination of antimicrobial policies, guidelines and order sets at SJHC
2. Responsible (along with Decision Support personnel) for collecting and processing antimicrobial utilization data at SJHC
3. Responsible, along with the ASP Physician, for identifying evidence-based opportunities for improvement in antimicrobial utilization
4. Expected to interact regularly (i.e., audit and feedback) with high antimicrobial utilizers and their housestaff
5. Member of Infection Prevention and Control Committee
6. Member of Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee (or Antimicrobial Subcommittee)
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Pharmacy Services.
1. Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy; Advanced degree in pharmacy preferred (e.g. Doctor of Pharmacy).
2. Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada certificate.
3. Ontario College of Pharmacists registration (or eligibility for registration).
4. Hospital Pharmacy Residency certificate or equivalent experience.
5. Minimum of 2 years of hospital pharmacy experience, providing patient-focused services.
6. Substantial knowledge in pharmacotherapeutics and understanding of the pharmaceutical care model.
7. Expertise/additional training in the use of antimicrobials is an asset.
8. Proven ability to implement, develop and evaluate clinical pharmacy services and pharmaceutical care.
9. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
10. Proven leadership ability.
11. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.