Adult Inpatient Mental Health 7M
Social Workers on 7M/PICU are responsible for identifying patient needs relating to housing, finances and community supports and making any necessary arrangements in these areas in order to support discharge planning. Social Workers help patients and their families address the impact of mental illness as well as psychosocial or emotional difficulties. Social Workers on 7M/PICU provide in-depth psychosocial assessments and appropriate interventions to help patients achieve optimum recovery and quality of life Social workers on this unit must be skilled in crisis management and helping families deal with the illness of a loved one. They work as a member of a multidisciplinary team and contribute and collaborate on the the behavioural care plan.
1. Master of Social Work required.
2. Registration in good standing, with no terms, conditions or limitations in the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers required.
3. 2-3 years direct experience in an acute hospital mental health setting required. Demonstrated knowledge of current clinical and social work practice standards and relevant legislations.
4. Experience and understanding of the psychosocial rehab and wellness/recovery concepts in mental health required as well as the systemic barriers faced by our patients.
5. Experience facilliating groups with an understanding of group dynamicsKnowledge of community service resources and proven experience in discharge planning as as it pertains to mental health. A working knowledge of addictions, geriatrics and developmental sector resources would be an asset.
6. Excellent assessment, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
7. Sound clinical acumen and experience working with patients and families in crisis .
8. Strong leadership skills and an ability to be proactive when negotiating and advocating for resources
9. Excellent written and oral communication.
10. Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate as a member of a multidisiciplinary team but also work autonomously
11. Demonstrated skill in working with a broad range of client groups and their families.
12. Able to thrive in a fluid, multi-task environment.
13. Second language considered an asset.
14. Knowledge of MS Office, e-mail, Internet and database preferred.
15. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.