Laboratory - Microbiology
All days and shifts
$34.030 to $42.687 per hour
The Department of Laboratory Medicine is seeking an experienced technologist to join its team in the Microbiology Laboratory. The ideal candidate should have very strong technical experience in Microbiology.
1. CMLTO registration required.
2. Certification with CSMLS is a definite asset.
3. Minimum of 2 years recent Microbiology experience with a strong knowledge in working up specimens for all technical benches in Microbiology.
4. Experience entering laboratory results into the laboratory information system.
5. Strong computer skills and comfort level learning new software.
6. Applied knowledge and experience with PCR testing is a definite asset.
7. Setting up and monitoring daily quality control for the benches.
8. Demonstrated initiative and commitment to improving processes and efficiency in the lab.
9. Demonstrate characteristics to work both independently and in a team environment.
10. Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
11. Excellent communication and inter-personal skills coupled with the ability to teach and professionally develop peers and students.
12. Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
13. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.