Lab - Immunohaematology
Primarily Monday to Friday Days with some flexibility as required
$35.401 $44.415 per hour
The Department of Laboratory Medicine is seeking an experienced candidate to join its leadership team in the Core Laboratory. The ideal candidate should have a very strong background in Transfusion Medicine, and work experience in the Core Lab comprising the divisions of Chemistry, Haematology and Transfusion Medicine.
1. CMLTO Registration required.
2. Bachelor's degree or Advanced Registered Technologist Certificate with CSMLS Registration is a definite asset.
3. Minimum 7-10 years of experience in Transfusion Medicine with at least 3 years in a senior or resource position required.
4. Excellent communication and inter-personal skills coupled with the ability to teach and motivate rotating technologists.
5. Experienced and have theoretical knowledge in all aspects of Transfusion Medicine including automated instrumentation, Grouping, Cross Match, Antibody Investigation(s),and Blood and Plasma Protein Products.
6. Experienced in method / reagent evaluation and instrument selection.
7. Proven ability to develop and introduce new methodologies.
8. Proven ability to effectively communicate with medical staff, nursing, biomedical engineering, other hospital departments and external stakeholders (e.g. Vendors)
9. Troubleshoots equipment and responds to technical issues.
10. Experience establishing QC and preventive maintenance programs
11. Familiarity with computer databases and laboratory information systems
12. Ability to maintain an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
13. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.