Plant Operations & Maintenance
Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m.to 3:00 p.m.
$27.049- $29.358 per hour
Position Profile: To cut duplicate or new keys using key-cutting machines, impressions or code key machines; install/maintain locks and closers in doors and electrical and mechanical locking devices; to maintain or set up master key systems and keep records of company keys and locks; also solve problems by manipulating cylinders in order to open locks that have no keys.
1. Secondary School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. Completed apprenticeship program at a recognized trade school or a Locksmithing academy and holds an Ontario College of Trades certificate.
3. Minimum 5 years related experience in a locksmith role preferred.
4. Previous experience with the following tasks preferred:
Cutting new or duplicate keys and stamps with identification
Maintaining, updating and auditing key inventories
Servicing and adjusting key machine(s) as required
Disassembling locks; repairing and replacing worn tumblers, springs, and other parts.
Changing lock key combinations by inserting new pins into locks
Troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining both mechanical locking and electronic key card systems
Opening cylinders when keys are not available
Using hand and power tools applicable to trade.
Troubleshooting /diagnosing AC/DC circuits in door sensors/control mechanism operating systems.
Diagnosing and resolving operational issues with sliding, revolving and by-fold doors.
Repairing /adjusting various push paddle door openers.
Sourcing various parts and provide comparative quotes to management for approval.
5. Ability to read and properly interpret the Master Keying Guide.
6. Advanced knowledge of lock systems is preferred.
7. Self-motivated with an ability to work under periodic pressure and complete assignments with minimal supervision
8. Strong written and verbal communication skills
9. Strong Interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with all levels of staff within the organization
10. Strong time management skills, with an ability to prioritize one¡¦s workload appropriately.
11. Must be physically able to perform all required tasks related to this position; including but limited to climbing ladders and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs.
12. Satisfactory Attendance Record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.