Spiritual and Religious Care
Must be willing to work necessary coverage (evenings, on-call nights, weekends, stat holidays, vacation relief)
$34.030 to $42.687 per hour
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director –Clinical Ethics and Mission, the successful candidate will be involved in promoting a high quality of spiritual care that is consistent with the mission and values of St. Joseph's Health Centre for patients, their families, and hospital staff. The role will involve assessing spiritual and religious care needs, developing and implementing spiritual care plans, providing appropriate educational programs, and working with members of multidisciplinary teams, among other duties.
St. Joseph's Health Centre strives to be an inclusive, culturally sensitive community and seeks to provide all of its clients with the best quality of care and spiritual/cultural support regardless of affiliation or religion.
1. Masters degree in Theology or Divinity or in progress.
2. Certification as a specialist in Pastoral Care in Canadian Association of Spiritual Care (CASC) preferred.
3. Endorsed by appropriate ecclesiastical authority
4. Evidence of ongoing education and professional development
5. Previous pastoral experience in a health care setting required
6. Maintains annual registration in professional bodies and participates in professional review as required
7. Evidence of multi-faith practices and traditions
8. Excellent communication skills with facility in a second language an asset
9. Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work as a member of a pastoral team and also within a professional multi-disciplinary team
10. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.