Reporting directly to the President, the Development Officer collaborates on developing and executing strategies to support the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of St. Joseph's largest donors as part of the current campaign and future initiatives. The Development Officer also works closely with the Vice President of Development who manages the campaign.
Leadership Gifts at St. Joe's represent those of $150,000 or more from individuals, corporations and foundations and are central to the success of the institution's fundraising revenues.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• In close partnership with the President of the Foundation, oversees the coordination of all Leadership Gift prospects and strategies leading to the fulfillment of annual and multi-year financial objectives;
• Coordinates the President's donor and volunteer engagement to advance key prospects;
• Working with the Communications team, writes letters of inquiry, acknowledgements, proposals, and other donor correspondence; develops customized solicitation tools; writes talking points for events and meetings;
• Prepares detailed briefing materials to prepare senior leadership for cultivation or solicitation meetings or events. Prepares briefing and debriefing notes, letters, donor agreements and other documentation to support the closing of gifts;
• Where appropriate, participates in donor cultivation and solicitation calls, and volunteer briefings related to such calls;
• Manages the Leadership Gift prospect list, documenting actions in the database;
• Works with the Vice President of Development regarding identification and allocation of new prospects;
• Coordinates with the President's Executive Assistant to ensure appropriate focus on priorities and next steps;
• Manages the stewardship of principal gift prospects and donors, developing opportunities for Presidential interaction, regular "touches" and formal written reports on use of their contributions;
• Works closely with the Director of Communications and Marketing to create proposals describing fundable projects at the Leadership Gift level;
• Works with senior leadership to ensure prospect coordination, participation of prospects in cultivation events, and other resources are prioritize appropriately;
• Works with the Vice President of Development to report and create an analysis model to track leadership gift progress and success, to guide decision-making and monitor performance of principal gift efforts;
• Develops and interprets relevant stewardship, gift and donor statistical information and analysis that is useful to St. Joe's leadership in the overall development effort;
• As time permits, building a portfolio of up to 50 major gift prospects to cultivate and solicit gifts over $10,000.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in the nonprofit field or trust based marketing/sales environment;
• Experience working in health care or other complex environment.
• Superior written and oral communication skills and creativity;
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
• Capacity to "manage up" to internal and external (volunteer) executive leaders;
• An entrepreneurial spirit, self-confidence, optimistic, enthusiasm and a sense of humor;
• A team player;
• Display an exceptional level of professionalism, knowledge, productivity, and high ethical standards;
• Comfortable with working toward specific goals and objectives and being
accountable for them.
If you feel that you would be a great fit for the position and foundation, please send in your resume and a covering letter by 5:00pm on November 17th, 2017 to email@example.com
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.