Full Time Temporary
Days, Monday to Friday; evening and weekend hours from time to time as required
$37.503 to $51.411 per hour
Full Time Temporary (Until Approximately December 1st, 2018)
The Assistant Patient Care Manager will join a team of dynamic, innovative, and dedicated healthcare professionals that are committed to going above and beyond the call of duty when providing care to patients. Reporting to the Patient Care Manager of the Emergency Department, the Assistant Patient Care Manager will lead performance improvement for the department related to quality of care, patient experience and patient flow in the Emergency Department.
The Assistant Patient Care Manager will lead the planning, organizing, development and implementation of improvement initiatives in the Emergency Department through application of LEAN quality improvement skills, utilizing data driven decision making, incorporating evidence into the decision process, and thinking of the system as a whole when analyzing data, making decisions and designing and implementing change.
This role may also provide coverage for the Patient Care Manager's planned and unplanned absences, as well as performing other duties and responsibilities consistent with the job classification as assigned or requested.
If you want to be part of the team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Temporary Assistant Patient Care Manager role in our Emergency Department
1. Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
2. BScN required.
3. Current ACLS and PALS
4. Minimum of 5 Years Emergency Department Experience, with demonstrated clinical expertise in the delivery of patient care.
5. Demonstrated leadership experience and skills.
6. Demonstrated project management/quality improvement skills
7. Demonstrates familiarity with LEAN performance improvement model
8. Experience implementing strategies that effectively manage change
9. Flexible, organized and self-directed.
10. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
11. Excellent decision-making, critical thinking and problem solving skills
12. Effective listening and conflict resolution skills
13. Demonstrated passion for change and ongoing improvement in support of quality patient care and safety.
14. Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively within an interprofessional team environment.
15. Demonstrated professionalism, accountability and positive attitude.
16. Evidence of ongoing professional development and learning.
17. Demonstrates a strong patient, family, staff and customer focused philosophy in all interactions
18. Knowledge of relevant legislation, standards and related best practice guidelines.
19. Strong computer skills including ability to utilize Microsoft work, Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Excel and visio
20. Ability to think critically in relation to the operations of the Emergency Department and delivery of patient care
21. Ability to manage the business of healthcare delivery in the Emergency Department
22. Excellent clinical practice knowledge and is able to apply this knowledge to the unit setting
23. Ability to influence relationships and behaviors in relation to meeting the needs of the unit
24. Acts as a role model for professionalism on their assigned unit of employment
25. Satisfactory Attendance Record and ability to maintain same
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.