Mental Health:Collaborative Care Clinic
Full Time Temporary
$37.173– $47.091 per hour
Full Time Temporary (until approximately 11/30-2018)
The Mental Health Clinician will be a member of the Collaborative Care Clinic (CCC) in the St. Joseph's Outpatient Mental Health Program. CCC provides assessment and treatment to clients with a wide range of mental health issues using an interdisciplinary team approach for an episode of care. In conjunction with their CCC team, the Mental Health Clinician will be expected to support clients in their recovery by providing comprehensive psychosocial assessments, individual and group therapy, case management and discharge planning. The Mental Health Clinician will also participate in program development and quality improvement activities.
1. Master's Degree in a health related health field required.
2. Registration with relevant regulatory college.
3. Minimum 3 - 5 years direct experience in acute hospital and/or outpatient mental health setting.
4. Solid experience in providing brief psychotherapies and supportive counseling. Preference will be given to those with experience providing CBT and DBT.
5. Experience in organizing and facilitating psychotherapeutic groups.
6. Excellent mental health assessment skills and ability to conduct and document formal biopsychosocial assessments.
7. Sound knowledge of community resources and ability to facilitate transitions to external services.
8. Ability to work closely with an interdisciplinary team to develop client driven care plans.
9. Familiarity with the recovery approach and psychosocial rehabilitation.
10. Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to function both as a team player and independently.
11. Knowledge of DSM 5 classification, psychopharmacology, the Mental Health Act and the Personal Health Information Act.
12. Comfortable working with a broad range of client groups and their families/supports. Second language is an asset.
13. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.