2L - Medicine
Part Time Temporary
Monday – Friday; Days (0.5 FTE (2 Full Days, 1 Half Day))
$33.560 - $42.098 per hour
Part Time Temporary (until approximately February 11th, 2019)
The Registered Dietitian is a program-based position, reporting to a Patient Care Manager within the Medicine & Seniors Care Program. This position will be primarily responsible for providing assessment and treatment recommendations to patients within the 2L-Medicine Department.
1. Bachelor's Degree with a major in Food and Nutrition, and successful completion of an accredited dietetic internship program or a recognized equivalent is required;
2. Member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario (CDO) required.
3. Member of the Dietitians of Canada preferred.
4. Minimum of 2 years recent inpatient hospital experience working with Cardiology patients required, candidates who also have inpatient stroke experience are preferred.
5. Experience providing nutritional counselling for cardiac prevention and knowledge of enteral nutrition.
6. Expertise using adult teaching and learning strategies in developing/delivering individual counseling with knowledge in working with patients with aphasia + dementia is preferred.
7. Demonstrated experience in dealing with the geriatric population and general medicine patients.
8. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast paced environment
9. Demonstrated excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), attention to detail and time management skills;
10. Proven ability to act both independently and as an active member of an inter-professional team;
11. Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft applications);
12. Satisfactory attendance record.
In order to be considered for the above transfer, applications must be received in the Human Resources Department on or before October 6, 2017.
* Please indicate Vacancy Number on all application forms.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.