all shifts and days, including holidays*
$34.210 to $47.310 per hour; 25 year rate: $48.110 per hour
*Required Unit Minimum Commitment: 0.2-0.6 FTE
The Team Leader position in the Emergency Department is accountable to the Patient Care Manager and functions as part of the extended Emergency Department Leadership Team which includes: the Program Director, the Medical Director and Chief, the Patient Care Manager, the Assistant Patient Care Manager, and the Advanced Practical Clinical Educator.
The Team Leader works in collaboration with the interprofessional team and is accountable for patient flow and the provision of quality, holistic care and service for patients and families. The Team Leader combines the roles of preceptor, charge nurse, expert and change agent in the assessment, prioritization, organization and coordination of patient care and patient flow within and outside the department (EMS offload, admissions, discharges). The Team Leader organizes and delegates workload according to the College of Nurses 3 Factor Framework and the needs of the patient on an ongoing basis, promoting best practices, using comprehensive advanced clinical knowledge in Emergency Nursing in accordance with the College of Nurses standards and the policies and standards of SJHC.
A calm and confident approach to an ever-changing environment, the Team Leader promotes a positive work environment and a positive experience of care for patients and families. The Team Leader acts as a role model in terms of professional behaviour, participates in research, data collection, needs assessments, quality improvement measures, and performance management. The Team Leader possesses thorough knowledge of the roles of other team members, their professional responsibilities, areas of expertise, and fosters the development of interprofessional team members and students. He/she will demonstrate through practise, the ability to make autonomous decisions, as well as function as an integral member of the team. In collaboration with the healthcare team, the Team Leader will utilize and facilitate effective and efficient use of resources in a patient/family-focused approach.
1.Currently registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
2.Current ACLS, PALS, and completion of Coronary Care 1 required
4.Non-Violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention Training required within 3 months of start date.
5. A minimum of five years of recent related experience in Emergency nursing.
6. Recent experience in Emergency Triage and Charge Nurse duties required
7. Demonstrated clinical competence, professionalism, accountability and positive attitude
8. Role model with recent demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
9. Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively within an interprofessional team environment.
10. Demonstrated strong customer service and ability to manage and resolve conflict
11. Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, must be innovative and proactive.
12. Demonstrated passion for change and ongoing improvement in support of patient care and safety.
13. Familiarity with LEAN and other Quality Improvement Methodology
14. Familiarity with Change Management priniciples
15. Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to patient and family centred care and the ability to engage and educate patients and their families.
16. Ability to plan, organize, problem-solve, oversee and support the activities of self and unit staff
17. Demonstrate effective time management skills and ability to deal with and provide direction in a stressful environment
18. Computer literate with a working knowledge and proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to type notes and access/navigate hospital electronic systems for the provision of care to patients
19. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development and continuing education
20. Demonstrates a commitment to the Emergency Department and SJHC by living the mission, vision, and values in the promotion of a positive/healthy work environment
21. Regular attendance and punctuality is a requirement of the position
In order to be considered for the above position, applications must be received in the Human Resources Department on or before October 3rd, 2017
* Please indicate Vacancy Number on all application forms.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.