Corporate Learning and Organization Development
$34.912 - $43.802 per hour
Position Profile: Reporting to the Director of Corporate Learning & Organizational Development, Spiritual & Religious Care, and Volunteer Services, this employee will act as the primary system administrator & content developer for the learning management system (LMS). They will develop eLearning programs to be hosted on the LMS and manage the corporate mandatory training program. In addition, they will develop and deliver innovative and interactive blended learning programs, workshops and activities focused on skill development rather than knowledge dissemination.
1. Learning Management System Administration
- Support overall system administration and maintenance
- Adapt & troubleshoot for optimal system and course performance (e.g. second level support for application and software issues and use on PCs). Act as main contact for calls to vendor and/or IS to escalate problems and track issues.
- Work with vendor and/or IS to facilitate software installation, system modifications, maintenance, upgrades and customization, as needed.
- Develop, monitor and report regarding eLearning technology & outcomes
- Support creation and distribution of reports (including custom reports as required) (e.g. compliance reports)
- Facilitate course registration and attendance tracking
- Maintain eLearning & classroom-based records and provide cumulative data & reposts as required
- Support data migration as required
2. Content Development for Learning Management System
- Consult with subject matter experts to develop, maintain and update eLearning modules (may include research, structure, content, courseware design/development, course materials, coding/programming, pre and post testing and evaluation/quality assurance)
- Utilize authoring tools, graphic design tools, scripting languages and animation software (including narration and video components) to create, maintain and improve eLearning modules
- Leverage authoring constructs such as branching, looping, counters and answer evaluation/remediation
- In collaboration with subject matter experts/leadership team, establish prioritization and timing of elearning modules
- Develop and maintain a policy and program on corporate mandatory training
- Provide guidance regarding the types of topics that are appropriate for eLearning as a modality and leverage best practices regarding: adult learning principles, instructional design, and asynchronous education principles such as interactivity, scenario based learning, and simulation.
- Develop and oversee internal certification tracks.
3. Training Needs Assessment and Planning
- In consultation with Director, Corporate Learning and Organizational Development and other key program stakeholders, conduct needs assessments and analyze data to forecast training needs and develop annual plan in support of strategic objectives.
- Plan for and make recommendations for implementing evidence-based Learning & Development practices
4. Design, Development, Facilitation, and Evaluation of Training Programs
- Incorporate adult learning principles, organizational development principles, instructional systems design principles, and relevant empirical research in the development of curriculum and materials for training delivery.
- Deliver innovative and interactive blended training programs, workshops and activities focused on skill development rather than knowledge dissemination.
- Facilitate corporate orientation for all new staff (if and when needed) and new leader onboarding program for new leaders (if and when needed).
- Conduct training evaluations to assess knowledge transfer on the job.
5. Project Management
- In collaboration with Director, Corporate Learning and Organizational Development and Learning and OD Consultant, initiate, plan, execute, close, and control enterprise-level projects and impact events related to corporate learning and organizational development, specifically employee engagement, leadership development, change management and recognition.
- Determine project scope, resources, risk, quality, cost; Develop requirements¡¦ documents; Develop training plans; Define quality gates for each project methodology phase; Define critical success factors; Schedule and execute implementation and post-implementation plans.
6. Developing Coalitions
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders in the delivery of L & D services and the provision of consulting support.
- Collaborate with LMS and L & D professionals across healthcare and other industries to exchange information and maintain and leverage a pool of shared resources.
- Manage relationships with relevant vendors serving the department of Corporate Learning and Organizational Development.
1. Post-secondary degree or diploma in training/adult education/instructional design, educational technology, and/or related field (computer science, information technology) required.
2. Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following memberships / certificates
a. Online training & development/eLearning certification.
b. CTP or CTDP certification with the Canadian society of training & development.
c. Canadian Society of Training & Development Membership
d. Project management certification/education.
3. Minimum 1 year related experience in learning management system administration, eLearning development, instructional design and/or learning technologies preferred.
4. Previous experience in a Healthcare Environment considered an asset.
5. Experience with audio visual production/post production considered an asset.
6. Experience analyzing, measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of Learning.
7. Experience with authoring tools and graphic design/media development tools to develop interactive and creative online courses.
8. Established ability to identify optimal Learning approaches to meet the needs of all levels of staff and physicians and to meet a variety of educational objectives.
9. Previous experience with the following:
a. eLearning content authoring tools ( e.g. Articulate, Captivate, Camptasia, Lectora, CodeBaby)
c. Web design, creation & coding (e.g. HTML, PHP scripting, Flash, CSS)
d. Database Construction & Management (includes SQL)
e. Crystal reports
10. Knowledge of adult learning & instructional design principles and an ability to create innovative approaches to learning.
11. Knowledge of leading and emerging best practices in eLearning and related technologies.
12. Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
13. Strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively within an interprofessional team.
14. Ability to manage significant workload and competing demands and by prioritizing regular and ad hoc deadlines.
15. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
16. Satisfactory attendance record.
In order to be considered for the above transfer, applications must be received in the Human Resources Department on or before September 28, 2017
* Please indicate Vacancy Number on all application forms.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.