Full Time Temporary
Monday – Friday Days, On-call 24 x 7 support on a rotational basis
$36.660 to $46.441 per hour
Full Time Temporary (until approx. September 11, 2018)
Join St. Joseph's Health Centre at an exciting time as we create our Vision 2020 embarking on our Strategic and Clinical Services Planning. A strong emphasis on quality practice supports our creation of an innovative practice structure that further supports our commitment to Patient and Family Centred care through an Interprofessional Collaborative Care Delivery Model. Come join us as we co-create a different future for health.
The Clinical Informatics Specialist role functions within the Information Services department. Reporting to the Collaborative Practice Leader – Clinical Informatics, the specialist role bridges health care professionals practicing in clinical areas and Information Services (IS) by translating user and patient needs related to clinical information systems. The successful candidate will utilize the knowledge and skills of clinical practice to determine clinical functions suitable for computer application and to ensure information technology is consistent with professional standards of clinical practice.
As a role model of professional behavior, you will be instrumental in supporting St. Joseph's Health Center's Values of Human Dignity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Responsibility and Community of Service.
• Leadership and expert in all aspects of different health information technology platforms and its application in practice
• Liasion between the clinicians/leaders, information services professionals and relevant project team members/leaders; foster collaboration and shared direction among diverse clinical and non-clinical groups
• Develop, implement or evaluate health information technology applications, tools, processes or structures to assist clinicians and other providers with informatics best practices.
• Facilitate the documentation of workflows both current and future to help re-engineer business processes to enhance patient care
• Application of technology to support, streamline, improve workflow, and increase patient safety to support evidence based best practices
• Engagement and managing of the planning, development, implementation, maintenance, evaluation and support of patient care technologies
• Support the adoption and standardization of clinical systems through education and training, workflow/process analysis, quality outcomes, and providing support in accordance with organizational strategic goals
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in related health field
2. Current registration in good standing with a Regulated Health Professions College required. In selecting candidates, consideration will be given to stratification across disciplines.
3. Experience and/or Post-graduate education in Clinical Informatics
4. Minimum 3 years of previous hospital experience in direct patient care in a team environment required
5. Experience working on clinical system implementation or health transformation projects
6. Experience in project management and people change management principles and methodologies in a clinical setting
7. Advanced computer skills required, strong organizational and time-management skills.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in redesigning clinical processes to improve clinical practice, efficiency and patient care, preferably in conjunction with the implementation of a health information system
9. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in developing, implementing and revising policies, analyzing workflows and making departmental or system wide improvements in practice (using LEAN principles)
10. Strong critical thinking, problem solving analytical skills, attention to detail, and an ability to manage competing demands in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary health care environment
11. Ability to work with a diverse group of leaders and stakeholders with demonstrated success in moving key stakeholders to positive resolution and to facilitate and coach clinical areas on change initiatives effectively
12. Exceptional interpersonal, communication and consultation skills; Self-motivated team player, reliable and cooperative
13. Satisfactory attendance record required.
In order to be considered for the above transfer, applications must be received in the Human Resources Department on or before September 27, 2017.
* Please indicate Vacancy Number on all application forms.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.