Decision Support Services
Days; Monday - Friday
$36.660 - $46.441 per hour
• Position reports to the Manager, Decision Support & Wait Times
• Works closely with Directors and Managers to identify and analyze trends in clinically reported activity
• Assists clinical and non-clinical areas in the development of scorecards, key performance indicators and business & clinical plans
• Provides support through development and maintenance of data frameworks and methodologies
• Key role in transforming data into information to support evidence-based decision-making throughout the organization
• Develops queries using SQL and report writing in Cognos
1. Provides analysis, interpretation and presentation of clinical performance data.
2. Assists clinical and non-clinical areas in the development of scorecards and key performance indicators, with appropriate targets to support ongoing quality measures, planning and reporting
3. Provides analytical support and expertise to facilitate effective and efficient peer comparison analysis at corporate, program and department levels.
4. Provides analytical support and expertise in the collection, review and analysis of industry reports generated by organizations external to St. Joseph's Health Centre.
5. Reports to various external reporting agencies that include: CCO, MOHLTC, TC LHIN, ORBC and the Mental Health & Addictions ED Alliance to name a few.
6. Assist in the development and management of decision support systems for use by various stakeholders
7. Contributes to the development of a comprehensive and dynamic decision support infrastructure of process frameworks and methodologies
8. Knowledge of the current healthcare environment and understands the relationship between clinical and financial activities
9. Engages in continuous data quality improvements
1. Undergraduate Degree in applicable field e.g. Health Administration, Health Information Management, Computer Science required. Master's Degree (completed or in progress) in a related discipline is an asset.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in health data collection, analysis and report writing.
3. Proven knowledge of CIHI and MoHLTC data sets that include: DAD, NACRS, OMHRS with good knowledge of Case Costing, HIGs and ICD-10 coding.
4. Knowledge of HSFR/HBAM and QBPs is an asset.
5. Knowledge of mental health and addictions data as well as pregnancy, birth and childhood registry data sets is an asset.
6. Previous experience with SQL and advanced report writing with Cognos BI reporting systems.
7. Previous experience with balanced scorecard reporting, indicator development and performance measurement in a health care setting.
8. Demonstrated ability to establish and build effective and collaborative working relationships across clinical and administrative domains.
9. Possesses excellent oral, writing, editing and public presentation skills.
10. Individual must be self-driven and capable of functioning in a dynamic, past-paced environment.
11. Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
12. Advanced Microsoft Office skills required.
13. Advanced Crystal Report writing skills required.
14. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.