$25.831 to $29.667 per hour
1. Organize and prioritise surgical pathology and cytology specimens and accessions specimens into the LIS.
2. Organize specimens and assist the Pathologists Assistants (PA'S) by preparing tissue cassettes.
3. Assist the PA's by:
a. Storing and transferring tissues to storage areas for tissue retention purposes.
b. Ensuring that grossing supplies and materials are stocked and available.
c. Ensuring that the accessioning and grossing areas are maintained and cleaned.
4. Assist the Technologists by:
a. Changing reagents on tissue processors and automated staining platforms.
b. Loading of slides onto the automated staining platforms.
c. Loading of slides onto the automated cover slipper.
d. Sorting, labelling and issuing of pathology slides.
5. Recycle solvents and assist with the disposal of solvents and waste materials.
6. Share technician duties with the other technician within the laboratory.
1. Completion of approved Lab Technician's course or equivalent training.
2. OSMT Certification required or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment.
3. Previous experience in histology and cytology techniques within the scope and guidelines for lab technicians.
4. Computer skills, including previous experience in the use of LIS would be a benefit.
5. Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
6. Demonstrated characteristics of a strong team player.
7. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.