Full Time Temporary
$38.501 - $48.290 per hour
Full Time Temporary (12 month contract; approximate – with possibility of extension)
Join St. Joseph's Health Centre at an exciting time as we journey towards our Vision 2020 through our Strategic Plan to become Canada's Best Community Teaching Health Centre.. Our strategic priorities of Creating Seamless Transitions of Care; Delivering an Exceptional Experience and Shaping Care through Teaching and Education emphasize the key role we play in community as one partner within a broader network of health. Our strategic success factors include a commitment advancing information management by continuing to build on the information systems we have available today and invest in new technology that will help us deliver care in innovative ways. If you're ready to be part of the future of community health care, then you will want to join an organization that is working with its teams, patients and partners to make our community one of the healthiest in Canada.
The Project Manager, reporting to the Deputy CIO, will lead specific projects to implement systems or technologies within the organization, or in collaboration with other organizations. In this role you will be expected to manage the day-to-day project activities with guidance provided by the project's Steering Committee and/or the Deputy CIO. Primary responsibility is to ensure that the project meets identified objectives within the constraints of defined time and cost. Involvement may be for the full lifecycle of a project from initiation, procurement to project closure.
1. An undergraduate or graduate degree in Business Administration, Health Informatics, eHealth, Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Engineering or other health related field. Master's degree is preferred.
2. Minimum 3 years project management experience in managing progressively larger and more complex projects, preferably within a health care setting.
3. Project Management certification preferred.
4. Demonstrated experience with project management methodologies and in managing multiple concurrent projects.
5. Ability to interact with people from all disciplines with all levels of experience
6. Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex, or ambiguous.
7. Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
8. Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
9. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment including group facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills.
10. High level of initiative and self-direction.
11. Demonstrated leadership and commitment to continuous professional learning.
12. Satisfactory attendance record.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: PLEASE PROVIDE COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.